thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Will teach Thai for free!!!

Tell us about yourself, your interest in the Thai language, or just say 'Hello!'

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Will teach Thai for free!!!

Postby Nong_aw » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Aw. I am a Thai and also an English teacher. My English is fine.
I would love to volunteer to teach Thai free on my free time. (We could arrange the times.)
I live in Lop Buri, a small township (actually a province) near Bangkok. Skype would be fine if you are far from here.

Please let me know if anyone would be interested.
Last edited by Nong_aw on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nong_aw

Re: Teach Thai for free!!!

Postby DonSena » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:09 pm

Nong_aw wrote:Hello everyone,

My name is aw. I am Thai and I am English teacher. My English is good.
I would love to volunteer to teach Thai for free on my free time (We could arrange that).
I live in Lop Buri (small town close to Bangkok). Skype would be fine if you are far.

Please let me know if anyone interested.
Aw

สวัสดีครับ คุณออ
ยินดีที่ได้รู้จักครับ และชื่นชมที่คุณเต็มใจสอนภาษาไทยฟรีอย่างไม่คิดค่าชดเชยเท่าไหร่
เพื่อภาษาที่จะดียิ่งขึ้นเราทั้งหลายก็น่าจะช่วยเหลือซึ่งกันและกันได้บ้างโดยให้คำแนะนำและปรึกษากันเป็นครั้งเป็นคราวนะครับออ ในที่สุดเรามีความมุ่งหมายที่จะพูดและเขียนภาษาไทยและอังกฤษถูกสำนวนภาษานั้นๆ ทุกประการเลย ไม่ใช่หรือครับ เช่นตัวอย่างกระทู้ฉบับที่ผมติดไว้นี้คุณก็อาจจะแก้เพื่อความถูกต้องได้ไม่มากก็น้อย
ส่วนกระทู้ที่คุณเพิ่งติดไว้นั้น ผมขอแนะนำให้แก้บ้างแบบนี้นะครับ ก็คือ

Will Teach Thai Free (หัวเรื่อง)

Hello everyone,

My name is Aw. I am a Thai and also an English teacher.

My English is fine.

I would love to volunteer to teach Thai free on my own free time. (We could arrange the times.)

I live in Lop Buri, a small township (actually a province) near Bangkok). Skype would be fine if you are far from here.

Please let me know if anyone would be interested.

Aw
DonSena

Postby Nong_aw » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:47 am

Thank you for your correction. I appreciate your help.
Nong_aw

Postby Tgeezer » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:28 am

Nong_aw wrote:Thank you for your correction. I appreciate your help.

That is very polite of you. I couldn't understand that reply of Don's easily. For instance what does this say?
สอนภาษาไทยฝรีอย่างไม่คิดด่าชดเชยเท่าไร
I am not trying to start an argument Don, everyone is allowed to write in any way they wish, but I could not have written all this and wonder what were your feelings when you wrote it.
It seems to say: .. teach Thai free in a manner of not considering the cost to yourself. 'Free' is an English word, so perhaps it needs explanation, is that it?

ไม่ใช่หรือ I have always received as a criticism, ควรล้างมือไม่ใช่หรือ you don't think that you should wash your hands? .... ทุกประการเลย ไม่ใช่หรือครับ ie. every part, don't you think so? How would ใช่ไหม change the meaning?

กระทู้ seems to mean something in the context of the web, what is it? I see that it is a noun, it appears to mean the part which needs explanation. The ลักษณนาม is กระทู้ so maybe you could do without ฉบับ.

Again, there is no doubt that you have more familiarity with Thai than I, so maybe if you could put it in English it would make a good discussion.
We could start with someone correcting me on my attempt at hand washing, but please don't confine it to that. :D
Tgeezer

Postby DonSena » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:56 am

Tgeezer wrote:

That is very polite of you. I couldn't understand that reply of Don's easily. For instance what does this say?
I am not trying to start an argument Don, everyone is allowed to write in any way they wish, but I could not have written all this and wonder what were your feelings when you wrote it.
It seems to say: .. teach Thai free in a manner of not considering the cost to yourself. 'Free' is an English word, so perhaps it needs explanation, is that it?

ไม่ใช่หรือ I have always received as a criticism, ควรล้างมือไม่ใช่หรือ you don't think that you should wash your hands? .... ทุกประการเลย ไม่ใช่หรือครับ ie. every part, don't you think so? How would ใช่ไหม change the meaning?

กระทู้ seems to mean something in the context of the web, what is it? I see that it is a noun, it appears to mean the part which needs explanation. The ลักษณนาม is กระทู้ so maybe you could do without ฉบับ.

Again, there is no doubt that you have more familiarity with Thai than I, so maybe if you could put it in English it would make a good discussion.
We could start with someone correcting me on my attempt at hand washing, but please don't confine it to that. :D

I invited Nong-Aw -- the author of the OP -- to edit what I wrote.

What I suggested as an improvement in her English she is qualified to implement, since she is capable of understanding it. She is sufficiently advanced to see the difference.

ไม่ใช่หรือ does not imply a criticism. I have seen it used in friendly correspondence I received in hard-copy mail I received in the past, before the advent of email.

กระทู้ is not a classifier (ลักษณนาม), but a noun meaning 'text, subject, topic, outline, question, posting.'
กระทู้ถาม 'questions put to members of Parliament'
กระทู้ด่วน 'urgent question'
เป็นกระทู้ 'principle, fundamental'
โคลงกระทู้ 'quatrain'
เสากระทู้ 'stakes, main posts of an enclosure'

Although I used ฉบับ as classifier for กระทู้, usually ข้อ เรื่อง or กระทู้ itself is selected.
DonSena

Re: Will teach Thai for free!!!

Postby daฟาน » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:52 am

Just out of curiosity... did anyone accept the generous offer yet?
daฟาน

Re: Will teach Thai for free!!!

Postby Nong_aw » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:33 am

To daฟาน,

Not yet ka. :D
Nong_aw

Postby Tgeezer » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:50 am

DonSena wrote:
Tgeezer wrote:

I invited Nong-Aw -- the author of the OP -- to edit what I wrote.

What I suggested as an improvement in her English she is qualified to implement, since she is capable of understanding it. She is sufficiently advanced to see the difference.

ไม่ใช่หรือ does not imply a criticism. I have seen it used in friendly correspondence I received in hard-copy mail I received in the past, before the advent of email.

กระทู้ is not a classifier (ลักษณนาม), but a noun meaning 'text, subject, topic, outline, question, posting.'
กระทู้ถาม 'questions put to members of Parliament'
กระทู้ด่วน 'urgent question'
เป็นกระทู้ 'principle, fundamental'
โคลงกระทู้ 'quatrain'
เสากระทู้ 'stakes, main posts of an enclosure'

Although I used ฉบับ as classifier for กระทู้, usually ข้อ เรื่อง or กระทู้ itself is selected.

Well that was a great discussion! cheers. :lol:
Tgeezer

Return to Guestbook and Introductions