thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

แนะนำตัวกับมาหาเพื่อนค่ะ

Tell us about yourself, your interest in the Thai language, or just say 'Hello!'

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Re: แนะนำตัวกับมาหาเพื่อนค่ะ

Postby yuika » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:26 am

Toffeeman wrote:
DonSena wrote: Reread what she wrote in order to get her point, noting especially these three paragraphs:

I have reread it and I see I misunderstood the fact that it wasn't Yui who had added those words but they were there all along. She had overlooked them in her 1st correction.

ใช่แล้วค่ะ ยุ้ยไม่ได้แต่งประโยคเพิ่มเข้ามา

Tgeezer wrote:
David and Bui wrote:คุณยุ้ย

"วันไหนไม่มีประชุมฉันก็จะรีบฉวยโอกาสปั่นงานให้เสร็จ"

"ปั่นงาน" เป็นกรียาวลีที่ผมยังไม่เคยเห็นที แต่ว่า "พจนานุกรมคำใหม่ เล่ม ๑" มีข้อความตั้งค่อไปนี้

"ปั่น ก. รีบและคร่ำเคร่งทำงานให้เสร็จทันตามกำหนด เช่น เสาร์อาทิตย์นี้ไปไหนไม่ได้เลย ต้องรีบปั่นรายงานให้เสร็จทันส่งครูวันจันทร์."
" . . . to rush and become absorbed in one's work so that is completed on time. For example, 'I can't go anywhere this weekend; I have to hurry up and finish my report to hand in on Monday.' "

And, for your sample sentence, "Whenever I don't have a meeting, I rush to take advantage [of the free time] to finish my work."

ผมเข้าใจอย่างถูกต้องไหมครับ?

Is it as complicated as that? I think that lots of words are added in Thai because the speaker can't be sure that the one word will be understood by everyone.
Your definition is new ปั่นงาน probably comes from 'wind up' - 'get it done as quickly as possible' and it seems from the second definition that งาน has been dropped!
So why not
ไม่มีประชุมฉันจึงฉวยโอกาสปั่น?
Too risky, so the RID has said รายงาน goodness knows why. Leaving ปั่นงาน as wind up work should work, if we can understand it in English why not in Thai?

Could it be that no one want to take a chance so : "วันไหนไม่มีประชุมฉันก็จะรีบฉวยโอกาสปั่นงานให้เสร็จ"

When I don't have meetings I take the opportunity to get my work done.

I don't know well grammar but when i say "ปั่น" it mean like "ทำ/do" but feel more rush and yepp.. you will not rush your work if it do not close to the dead line, right? In detail, it is an informal word and be said a lot. It is transitive verb that requires one or more objects in a sentence so you will see it always be put together with object like ปั่นงาน or ปั่นรายงาน or ปั่นการบ้าน, except ปั่นหุ้น which have another meaning. Sometime, it may not require object if the listener know what is the object. For example, when my boss ask for finished work, i may say "กำลังปั่นให้อยู่ค่ะ". Please carefully use it with การทำงาน การทำรายงาน การทำการบ้าน only because we don't say it with cooking (ทำกับข้าว) or washing (ทำความสะอาด) or others. ;) is it clear??
yuika

Previous

Return to Guestbook and Introductions