thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Greetings from Bangkok. I'm new here :)

Tell us about yourself, your interest in the Thai language, or just say 'Hello!'

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Greetings from Bangkok. I'm new here :)

Postby Noon » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:28 pm

Hello.

First off, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Kanokwan. You can call me Noon. (นุ่น)
I'm a sophomore in college majoring in English. Guess what? I find myself struggling with my English.
When it comes to speak in English, I get very nervous. Haha

I'm not here to learn Thai since I'm a native Thai speaker.
I will be happy to help you with Thai. :)
There're no stupid questions. ไม่มีคำถามข้อใดที่โง่
ดังนั้น เราควรจะกล้าถาม (หรอ? 5555) ก็แบบว่าเขินอ่ะ ><
Noon
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:44 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Greetings from Bangkok. I'm new here :)

Postby David and Bui » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:58 pm

Welcome, Nong Noon, to Thai-language.com. We are very happy to have you join us here. From what I can see of your writing your English is excellent!
David in Houston
David and Bui
 
Posts: 6118
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Greetings from Bangkok. I'm new here :)

Postby Noon » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:47 pm

David and Bui wrote:Welcome, Nong Noon, to Thai-language.com. We are very happy to have you join us here. From what I can see of your writing your English is excellent!


Thank you :)
There're no stupid questions. ไม่มีคำถามข้อใดที่โง่
ดังนั้น เราควรจะกล้าถาม (หรอ? 5555) ก็แบบว่าเขินอ่ะ ><
Noon
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:44 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Greetings from Bangkok. I'm new here :)

Postby shipwright989 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:05 am

sawadee nong noon khrap,phom new to thai and phom hoping to learn as much as phom can in three weeks. phom am visiting khun country and would like to be able to have some thai before phom get there
shipwright989
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Re: Greetings from Bangkok. I'm new here :)

Postby David and Bui » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:14 am

shipwright989 wrote:sawadee nong noon khrap,phom new to thai and phom hoping to learn as much as phom can in three weeks. phom am visiting khun country and would like to be able to have some thai before phom get there


Welcome to Thai-language.com. Since you are not in Thailand presently, I suggest that you look at the several Youtube sites which are designed for beginners learning Thai. Look at, for example,

Thai with Mod: https://www.youtube.com/user/ThaiwithMod
Learn Thai Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJNrs4z_Pn0

We wish you the best of luck in your trip here.
David in Houston
David and Bui
 
Posts: 6118
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Greetings from Bangkok. I'm new here :)

Postby Noon » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:01 am

shipwright989 wrote:sawadee nong noon khrap,phom new to thai and phom hoping to learn as much as phom can in three weeks. phom am visiting khun country and would like to be able to have some thai before phom get there


You've come to the right place :)
I think this website is very helpful for those who want to learn Thai.
There're no stupid questions. ไม่มีคำถามข้อใดที่โง่
ดังนั้น เราควรจะกล้าถาม (หรอ? 5555) ก็แบบว่าเขินอ่ะ ><
Noon
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:44 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Greetings from Bangkok. I'm new here :)

Postby pi_choen » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:41 pm

สำหรับคนที่อยากเรียนภาษาอังกฤษเหมือนกันครับ
http://www.youtube.com/user/pikoen1
pi_choen
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:39 am
Location: ประเทศเยอรมนี

Re: Greetings from Bangkok. I'm new here :)

Postby tod-daniels » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:34 am

Hi นุ่น,
Welcome to the forum :) . This place ALWAYS needs more native thai speaking contributors! :D

As far as your statement; "I find myself struggling with my English. When it comes to speak in English, I get very nervous." you are NOT alone :P . Almost every thai in this country experiences the exact same feelings, AND believe it or not; EVERY foreigner speaking thai feels that way too :o

Christopher Wright (aka Chris Delivery) explained it best in a stand-up comedy routine he did. He said, thais are afraid to speak English with foreigners for 4 reasons;
1- thais are afraid that the listener won't understand what the thai speaker said in english
2- thais are afraid that IF the listener understood what was said to them by the thai, the thai won't understand the reply from the native english speaker
3- before thais speak English, they have to go over every grammar rule in their head (go-went-gone, do-did-done, etc).
The last reason which Chris says is the most pathetic :o and sad :? reason in the whole wide world is;
4- thais are afraid if the speak English incorrectly they will "lose face" (เสียหน้า, เสียฟอร์ม or หน้าแตก!). :oops:

Believe me, there is NO foreigner in this country; who would EVER dare to correct a thai IF they understood the english spoken. It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong as far as verb tense, structure, etc. As long as a foreigner understands what's being said, that's the end of the story. :D

I am NOT a native thai speaker (or typer) but I think you can understand this;
จำได้ดี ๆ; การสนทนาลภาษาอังกฤษ, มันไม่ใช่ทดสอบ! มันแค่แลกเปี่ยนความคิดเห็น, ขอมูล.
ไม่ต้องกลัวพูดผิด; ไม่มีใครแคร์พูดอังกฤษถูกรึผิดเลย! อย่าคิดมากไป พยายามพูดสิ!

ยินดีต้อนรับสู่ฟอรั่ม :)
"Whoever said `Money can`t buy you love or joy` obviously was not making enough money." <- quote by Gene $immon$ of the rock group KISS
tod-daniels
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:41 am
Location: Bangkok

Re: Greetings from Bangkok. I'm new here :)

Postby Noon » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:26 am

tod-daniels wrote:Hi นุ่น,
Welcome to the forum :) . This place ALWAYS needs more native thai speaking contributors! :D

As far as your statement; "I find myself struggling with my English. When it comes to speak in English, I get very nervous." you are NOT alone :P . Almost every thai in this country experiences the exact same feelings, AND believe it or not; EVERY foreigner speaking thai feels that way too :o

Christopher Wright (aka Chris Delivery) explained it best in a stand-up comedy routine he did. He said, thais are afraid to speak English with foreigners for 4 reasons;
1- thais are afraid that the listener won't understand what the thai speaker said in english
2- thais are afraid that IF the listener understood what was said to them by the thai, the thai won't understand the reply from the native english speaker
3- before thais speak English, they have to go over every grammar rule in their head (go-went-gone, do-did-done, etc).
The last reason which Chris says is the most pathetic :o and sad :? reason in the whole wide world is;
4- thais are afraid if the speak English incorrectly they will "lose face" (เสียหน้า, เสียฟอร์ม or หน้าแตก!). :oops:

Believe me, there is NO foreigner in this country; who would EVER dare to correct a thai IF they understood the english spoken. It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong as far as verb tense, structure, etc. As long as a foreigner understands what's being said, that's the end of the story. :D

I am NOT a native thai speaker (or typer) but I think you can understand this;
จำได้ดี ๆ; การสนทนาลภาษาอังกฤษ, มันไม่ใช่ทดสอบ! มันแค่แลกเปี่ยนความคิดเห็น, ขอมูล.
ไม่ต้องกลัวพูดผิด; ไม่มีใครแคร์พูดอังกฤษถูกรึผิดเลย! อย่าคิดมากไป พยายามพูดสิ!

ยินดีต้อนรับสู่ฟอรั่ม :)


Thank you for your suggestion. I really appreciate it :)
There're no stupid questions. ไม่มีคำถามข้อใดที่โง่
ดังนั้น เราควรจะกล้าถาม (หรอ? 5555) ก็แบบว่าเขินอ่ะ ><
Noon
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:44 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Greetings from Bangkok. I'm new here :)

Postby meataxe123 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi, Ive been to Thailand twice but I still find it very hard to try and learn Thai. Can you help me please? :?
meataxe123
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:53 pm

Next

Return to Guestbook and Introductions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Copyright © 2018 thai-language.com. Portions copyright © by original authors, rights reserved, used by permission; Portions 17 USC §107.