thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

i'm new!

Tell us about yourself, your interest in the Thai language, or just say 'Hello!'

Moderator: acloudmovingby

i'm new!

Postby jackieh » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:38 am

Hi i'm jack from cheshire england.. i have been trying to learn thai from the internet since february! I have been interested in thai since meeting thai woman at massage! i am friends with two of them.. i want to learn thai and found this web site by chance. It looks really good and is helping me with how to pronounce thai words..i hope also to meet new friends on here. jack age 62.
jackieh

Re: i'm new!

Postby David and Bui » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:51 am

Welcome, Jack. Thai is tough to learn from afar. Best of luck in your studies. Please feel free to use all the material on this site from the "Lessons", to the "Dictionary" to the "Categories" and "Reference" material.

This site is no substitute for a live (or Skype) teacher. We hope that you can come to live in Thailand whenever you are ready.
David in Houston
David and Bui

Postby jackieh » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:25 pm

thank you David. yes i do have contact with a few thai woman who all help me whenever they can! what i found most confusing were the many ways to spell a thai word in english.. i am going back on line now to learn the names for colours.. hope we speak again thanks . jack
jackieh

Postby dinad578 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:57 am

I am very eager to learn Thai-language. I have been searching for a good source. I am working in an [advertising eliminated], so some I have to deal with different kind of clients. So I began to learn thai first. Hope I can learn.
dinad578

Postby jackieh » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:37 pm

i use post its! little sticky pads stuck everywhere with english on the front e.g." good night sweet dreams" and the thai word for this on the back ..i also have a little note book and again write the english word on one page with the thai word on the next.. repeat and repeat.. then i get them checked out when i say them to thai people who "frown" lol... but the more you practise the better..i have made it a hobby and a challenge. don't give up! jack
jackieh

Return to Guestbook and Introductions