thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Hi all

Tell us about yourself, your interest in the Thai language, or just say 'Hello!'

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Hi all

Postby wahfreak » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Just thought I would stop in to say hi. I was aware of this and another site a long time ago. I think the other one was Learn Thai or something like that. The admin (Gor??) was in prison for something and no longer around.

Anyway, my name is Mike and I've been married in the States with my Thai wife for 15 years and have been learning Thai off and on (mostly off). I catch a few words here and there but I never made much of a commitment. I think back now and wonder how well I would be speaking if i had put forth some effort. So I think it's time...

I have been using Pimsleur Thai 1 (got it from Audible with unused credits) and it works really well for driving in the car on the way to work. I also just downloaded the Manee books and plan to dissect the words using the syllable explanations from here as a starting point for determining tones rather than rely on memorization. Seems more painful in the beginning but hopefully worth it in the long run. It helps to try and think of it like music...more of a journey than a destination.

Other beginner items I'm working on are:
Days of the week
Colors
Time
Numbers
Last edited by wahfreak on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wahfreak

Re: Hi all

Postby David and Bui » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Welcome to Thai-language.com, Mike. I wish you the best of luck in your studies. Please feel free to post any questions you may have on these forums.
David in Houston
David and Bui

Return to Guestbook and Introductions