thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

thai tv thamma tv problem!!?

Browser/website issues and working with Thai sound and video clips

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Postby gop » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:09 pm

http://www.thaitvnetwork.com/

from this link you can go to thamma tv which is interesting to watch. you can see buddhist ceremonies etc.
it used to work ok, but now i cannot receive it anymore and i dont know why?? all i get is a tv box appear but no channel !??
please can someone else go to this link and see if they can receive it ok.
anyone might know what is wrong?
gop

Postby montrii » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:03 pm

Works fine for me! Thanks for letting us know about it. Don't know why you wouldn't see it, though. Did you change browsers? Some of the stations stream better than others, some just aren't fast. I recommend downloading VTuner: you can see the bandwidth of stations before opening them, and there are some good ones available, better than this site. For instance, Nation Channel comes in a lot better for me if I go through VTuner.
mirum est ut animus agitatione motuque corporis excitetur.
montrii

Postby gop » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:07 am

when you use vtuner does it play the stations on window media player or real player? it tries to open with wmp with me!
when i click on the web site i gave you, now the nation channel is not working, i always get the message "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the server is not available (for example, the server is busy or not online)." it is strange because it always used to work!??? also the thamma channel is still not working!??
downloaded vtuner and the videao doesnt play, only get slow picture ie one frame every 10 seconds!! then it stops.
even through vtuner i still get this same problem when trying to get the nation channel, it tries to open with wmp and it says"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the server is not available (for example, the server is busy or not online)." i have 21 gb free on my hard drive , this is ok, can you think of anything else it might be?
ahh, you have to pay for vtuner!!
gop

Postby gop » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:18 am

its strange because some of the thai stations on the vtuner try to open with real player and some try to open with wmp, it the wmp files that dont work?
is there a way of diableing wmp so everything will open on real player ?? maybe this is the problem!!!?
gop

Postby gop » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:25 am

because the nation chanel tries to play on real player, then wmp cuts in and says "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the server is not available (for example, the server is busy or not online)."
how can i stop this from happening ??
gop

Postby gop » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:58 am

montrii ,

i was wondering do you have any more ideas why i cannot get these channels anymore!!???
do you watch them on real player or wmp ?
does the dharma tv come in ok for you?
any comments much appretiated
gop

Postby montrii » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:01 pm

Hi, Gop, I'm having the same problem as you now! I think it must be the server at that web page is overloaded. Or else they're going out of business and nobody is taking care of the site.

There are many Thai TV web pages out there, but I have found it's better just to use VTuner. It's very cheap, just a one-time cost, and you can usually find a bunch of Thai channels.

TV also works much better if you have a fast broadband connection. I can see more channels, and faster, when watching from home, as opposed to opening them at my office, it's got to be because of connection speed and network traffic.

But right now I'm watching UBC at the office, only a few minutes, ha ha!
montrii

Postby gop » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:27 am

montrii thanks,
so do you get that message on wmplayer"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the server is not available (for example, the server is busy or not online)."
or does it open with real player?
i have a 2mb broadband speed, this should be allright shouldnt it.
gop

Postby gop » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:30 pm

montrii,
its strange the only good thai channel i can get with tv tuner is 11 news tv
all the others give this same wmp error message .
i cannot get UBC
and there is no dharma channel
i can get a few of the bad quality chanels, small picture and mainly naffy advertizing.
do you think it is because my internet connection is only 2mb , but this should be fast enough shouldnt it.
gop

Postby montrii » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:27 am

Hi, Gop
Yes, 2MB should be plenty enough. 512K should be enough.

I don't know enough about broadband and networks to say for sure what is the trouble, but I do know that some days I can see the channels, no problem, and other days they are slow, then other days I don't see them at all. Vtuner has a symbol by the station name for signal strength, usually I can get the ones that show full strength, but it changes all the time.

I think it's that the technology isn't good enough yet and the stations are not quite ready. These stations are having a hard time handling all the internet requests they're getting, probably the servers are overloaded and it's happening more often since more people are tuning in.

If the TV is like the radio, it should get better, the as the technology gets better and the servers get more powerful. It used to be hard to get a lot of Thai radio stations, like Green Wave, etc., but now they almost always come in clear. Anyhow all we can do is keep trying. Good luck!
montrii

Next

Return to Browsers, Web Sites, Web Authoring, Multimedia