thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Hello

Tell us about yourself, your interest in the Thai language, or just say 'Hello!'

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Hello

Postby delilabarck » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:25 am

Hello, my name is Jack;

The short of the long iis this: I have been in Thailand for 15 years and cannot speak Thai. I seem to be hideous when it comes to learning language..my efforts always amuse the local Thais , my kids and wife. I am basically a one word at a time learner or so it seems.
That said, I would like to learn Thai from the ground up from grammar to reading and writing....I work 5-6 days a week, basic hours....I live in Samutprakan area and wanting to stay away from downtown Bangkok due to traffic.
I cannot seem to find any options in either Bangna or Samutprakan ( this is the area where I would like to stay in for lessons due to travel times) . All this said do I have any available options? Please do help...I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards
Jack
delilabarck

Re: Hello

Postby David and Bui » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:50 am

My suggestion would be to visit a high school close to your home. Meet the school director and ask him if you may speak to the teachers in the English department. Ask the teachers whether one of them would be willing to teach you Thai for an hour a day after school lets out and after you finish work. Pay the prevailing rates.

Chose a Thai book or course work text that you find interesting and ask the teacher to teach you Thai from that text. You'll find the relationship warm and friendly, and there will be no middleman to garner profits and pad your bill.

Best of luck in your studies.
David in Houston
David and Bui

Re: Hello

Postby delilabarck » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:15 am

The short of the long iis this: I have been in Thailand for 15 years and cannot speak Thai. I seem to be hideous when it comes to learning language..my efforts always amuse the local Thais , my kids and wife. I am basically a one word at a time learner or so it seems.
That said, I would like to learn Thai from the ground up from grammar to reading and writing....I work 5-6 days a week, basic hours....I live in Samutprakan area and wanting to stay away from downtown Bangkok due to traffic.
I cannot seem to find any options in either Bangna or Samutprakan ( this is the area where I would like to stay in for lessons due to travel times) . All this said do I have any available options? Please do help...I would greatly appreciate it.

Regards
Jack
delilabarck

Return to Guestbook and Introductions