thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Intensive Thai course

Immersive programs, classroom study and private instruction, worldwide.

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Re: Intensive Thai course

Postby claude06thailand » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:05 am

pensive wrote:I met one in Silom, I think, on the main road near where the underground and the skytrain cross. She was *perfect* in English, but the company charged about 75 baht an hour.

Pensive, I suppose you mean 750 baht an hour ?
claude06thailand

Postby pensive » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks, Claude, I've fixed it now.
pensive

Postby bobcat321 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:13 am

I have now signed up for 6 months at Chulalongkorn, starting 1st of November. I have previously studied for almost a full year at another language school outside of Bangkok, so I can already read and write etc., but my goal is to be as fluent in Thai as I am in English. English isn't my native language, but I feel that I understand everything I could possibly ever need to understand, including idioms, being able to read between the lines etc., etc., and I want to feel like that when it comes to Thai as well.

After reading this thread, it seems that Chula isn't all that great.. hopefully that's wrong, as I've already paid the entire 6 month fee :lol:

tod-daniels, or anyone else who has attended Chula; do you know if the teachers use any English whatsoever while teaching? I feel that I learn slower / less when they do. In my previous school we asked our teacher to stop explaining in English, and it really helped me get a deeper understanding of the real "meaning", instead of just a translated word into English, which isn't even my mother tongue.
bobcat321

Postby tod-daniels » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:49 am

Sorry, I never attended Chula.. :lol:

As I said in my post I went to scope out the program and was "underwhelmed" by the text books and the pretentious attitude the staff had ;) .

Do write back though and let us know how it goes for you.. Hope it's worth the money you're forking out. :) .
"Whoever said `Money can`t buy you love or joy` obviously was not making enough money." <- quote by Gene $immon$ of the rock group KISS
tod-daniels

Postby SarahLee » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:18 am

[advertising removed by moderator]
SarahLee

Postby delilabarck » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:20 am

Thank you for your kindness and quick reply. Yes, I have thought about this with friends and local schools which I know, but I would prefer to go to a local school or place to learn where they have books and options as well as experience is teaching all types of learners and personalities, However, if I cannot fond this , then yes that can me an option...for now I will hold out for my first choice and hope I can find a school I might be missing in my internet searches for Samutprakan,

Regrads Jack
delilabarck

Previous

Return to Thai Language Instruction