thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Learn Thai from Anywhere In The World!

Immersive programs, classroom study and private instruction, worldwide.

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Re: Learn Thai from Anywhere In The World!

Postby iloveteaching » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:36 am

สวัสดีค่ะ ทุกคน
Attachments
firework 2020.jpg
firework 2020.jpg (265.32 KiB) Viewed 62662 times
02.png
02.png (56.9 KiB) Viewed 62662 times
iloveteaching

Postby iloveteaching » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:39 am

สวัสดีค่ะเพื่อนๆ :D
ดิฉันไม่คิดว่าจะมีใครมีความสุขที่ถูกกักตัวนานและบ่อยขนาดนี้
ฉันหวังว่าพวกเราทุกคนจะมีสุขภาพร่างกายที่แข็งแรง กินให้ถูก ออกกำลังกาย และนั่งสมาธิทุกวัน และรักษาความสงบในใจไว้ได้จนกว่าไวรัสจะบรรเทาลง

ปีนี้ฉันเพิ่งได้เรียนรู้ข้อเท็จจริงที่สำคัญจากจิตแพทย์ชาวไทยเกี่ยวกับอารมณ์ความรู้สึกของมนุษย์
มีคนถามคุณหมอว่า ทำไมเราไม่มีความสุขตลอดเวลา คุณหมอตอบว่าเพราะเมื่อก่อนเราถูกตั้งโปรแกรมไม่ให้มีความรู้สึกสุขตลอดเวลาเพื่อจะได้รู้ตัวถ้าอันตรายจะมาถึง เช่นอันตรายจากสิงโตหรือเสือที่จะเข้ามาโจมตี
แม้กระทั่งก่อนช่วงโควิดและช่วงกักตัว จู่ๆพวกเราหลายคนอาจจะรู้สึกเศร้าหรือ ไม่ค่อยสดใสและสงสัยว่าความสุขนั้นหายไปไหน และเราอาจจะยิ่งรู้สึกแบบนี้มากยิ่งขึ้นในช่วงเวลาที่น่าเบื่อเช่นนี้ เพราะฉะนั้นเราต้องเติมความสุขเล็กๆ น้อยๆ เพื่อรักษาใจเราให้ชีวิตยังก้าวไปได้ในแต่ละวันนะคะ

ความสุขของคุณคืออะไรคะ การเรียนภาษาไทยและความตื่นเต้นเวลาเพิ่งค้นพบอะไรบางอย่าง แบบที่อาร์คิมิดีส ค้นพบเรื่องการแทนที่ของน้ำหนักแล้วร้องว่ายูเรก้า คือความสุขของคุณใช่ไหมคะ

ถ้าใช่คุณก็ควรใช้เวลานิดหน่อยแค่ ๑๕ นาทีต่อวันเรียนภาษาไทย แล้วถ้าจะยิ่งดีขึ้นก็ลองเรียน ๑๕ นาทีอย่างแรกในตอนเช้าและอีกครั้งก่อนนอน เพราะเมื่อสมองของเราอยู่ในสถานะอัลฟ่า ก็พร้อมที่จะซึมซับความรู้ได้ดีที่สุด
ถ้าเราทำสิ่งที่เป็นความสุขเล็กๆในแต่ละวัน แน่นอนว่าเราจะหาความสุขที่หายไปนั้นเจอค่ะ

สุขสันต์วันคริสต์มาสและสวัสดีปีใหม่ พ. .๒๕๖๕ นะคะ :D

ถ้าคุณอยากลองฟังคุณหมอท่านนี้คุยเป็นภาษาไทยทุกอาทิตย์ก็เข้าไปได้ที่นี่ค่ะ

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDgqUJ ... /playlists
iloveteaching

Postby iloveteaching » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:42 am

English Version of my Thai post :D

Hello friends,
I don't think anybody will be happy being quarantined this long and often.
I only hope all of us stay healthy, eat right, exercise and meditate daily and remain calm until the virus subsides.
This year I just learned an important fact from a Thai psychiatrist about human emotion.
Someone asked him how come we don't feel happy all the time. He answered because since the old days we were programmed to not have high feelings all the time in order to be alerted if there is any danger such as lions or tigers attack.
Even before the covid and quarantine time, many of us could suddenly feel low and wonder where that happiness went and we may experience this feeling even more during this dull time. Hence we need to add a little happiness to heal our hearts and to help us progress our life each day.
What is your happiness? Is learning Thai and those Eureka moments your happiness?
Then keep doing it even for only 15 min per day, better 15 min first thing in the morning and again before bedtime when our brains are in the alpha state: ready to absorb knowledge.

If we do things that are small pleasures each day…of course, we will find that lost happiness.

And if you are interested to listen to this psychiatrist weekly talk in the Thai language you can go to

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDgqUJ ... /playlists

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2022 :D
iloveteaching

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Postby iloveteaching » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:24 am

Thank you for your attention and for many of you who registered for the Thai courses with me over the year 2565 -2022.

This year I would like to share Thai Proverbs which can be related to learning Thai or doing anything in our life.

ช้าๆได้พร้าเล่มงาม
chaa/ chaa/ daay^ praa/ lem^ ngaam
ช้า chaa/ = slow adj.
ช้าๆ chaa/ chaa/ = slowly adv. [double adjectives = adverb]
ได้ daay^ = get ; receive
พร้า praa/ = garden knife
เล่ม lem^ = classifier of knife
งาม ngaam = beautiful

In order to make the garden knife like this https://bit.ly/3joRkpn
The knife maker has to carefully and slowly hit the steel to shape it.

Therefore ช้าๆได้พร้าเล่มงาม
chaa/ chaa/ daay^ praa/ lem^ ngaam

means Do it slowly, and carefully then you will get the beautiful garden knife
or Hit the steel carefully to become the sharp and beautiful garden knife

and….

ใจเย็นๆ
jay yen yen
ใจ jay = heart
เย็นๆ yen yen = cool

Gently perfect it with a relaxed and peaceful heart

That’s my wish for dear Thai language learners this Christmas and New Year season!
iloveteaching

Postby iloveteaching » Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:09 pm

25 December 2023 (Buddhist era 2566):
๒๕ ธันวาคม ๒๐๒๓ (พุทธศักราช ๒๕๖๖)

This morning, while I was sitting in the garden, an older neighbor stopped by. As soon as I gave him the lotus-shaped hand gesture, or ไหว้ waay^, he told me to wait for a second, and he would get the calendars for me from his car.
เช้านี้ ขณะที่ฉันนั่งอยู่ในสวน มีเพื่อนบ้านที่แก่กว่าเดินมาหยุดอยู่หน้าบ้าน ทันทีที่ฉันไหว้ท่านด้วยการทำมือเป็นรูปดอกบัว ท่านบอกให้ฉันรอสักครู่ ท่านจะไปเอาปฏิทินมาให้ฉันจากรถ

This is a regular Thai New Year ritual – sharing calendars with friends or neighbors. And it is how we Thais express friendship to each other.
นี่คือสิ่งที่เราคนไทยทำประจำช่วงปีใหม่ เราให้ปฏิทินกัน และการไหว้ก็เป็นวิธีที่เราคนไทยแสดงออกถึงมิตรภาพที่มีต่อกัน

Without the lotus-shaped hand gesture, I probably would not have received that lovely calendar! [calendar picture]
ถ้าฉันไม่ไหว้ท่าน วันนี้ฉันก็อาจจะไม่ได้รับปฏิทินที่สวยงามนั้น!

In Thailand and many Asian countries, the lotus-shaped hand gesture symbolizes humbleness and warm friendship. It serves as a means for the younger generation to connect with the older generation, bringing both benefits and, sometimes, discomfort.

ในประเทศไทยและหลายประเทศในทวีปเอเชีย การไหว้แสดงถึงความถ่อมตัวและมิตรภาพที่อบอุ่น มันเป็นวิธีที่คนอายุอ่อนกว่าจะเชื่อมต่อกับคนรุ่นเก่า ซึ่งในทางกลับกันก็จะให้ทั้งประโยชน์ แต่ในบางครั้งก็สร้างความไม่สบายใจ

The benefits include the support you receive as one of their young relatives. However, this humble gesture can sometimes lead to difficulty in dealing with them in a conflicting situation.

ประโยชน์ที่ได้รับจากการไหว้คือคุณจะได้รับการดูแลเหมือนเป็นหนึ่งในญาติพี่น้องของพวกท่าน แต่บางทีการถ่อมตัวนี้ก็นำมาซึ่งความอึดอัด ถ้าคุณกับท่านเกิดขัดแย้งกัน

Due to their age, you can't confront them directly, or you risk being perceived as disrespectful. You have to communicate with them gently or risk losing that valuable relationship. Being diplomatic is essential when interacting with them, and I can help you or my students be diplomatic in the Thai style!
เนื่องจากอายุของพวกท่าน คุณจะพูดตรงๆไม่ได้ เพราะคุณอาจถูกมองว่าไม่เคารพอายุของพวกท่าน คุณต้องสื่อสารกับพวกท่านอย่างอ่อนโยนไม่งั้นก็เสี่ยงที่จะสูญเสียความสัมพันธ์ที่มีค่านี้ คุณต้องใช้ภาษาหรือวิธีทางการทูตที่แยบยลแบบไทยๆ ซึ่งฉันจะช่วยสอนหรือแนะนำคุณได้

I hope that when you come to stay in Thailand or anywhere near older Thai people, you will find them nice and kind. They will be even nicer with the hand gesture.
ฉันหวังว่าเมื่อคุณมาอาศัยในประเทศไทยหรืออยู่ที่ไหนในโลกใกล้กับคนไทยที่แก่กว่าคุณ ท่านจะเป็นคนที่น่ารัก ใจดี และแน่นอนท่านจะยิ่งน่ารักและใจดีขึ้น ถ้าคุณไหว้ท่านด้วย

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2024 (B.E. 2567).
สุขสันต์วันคริสต์มาสและปีใหม่ ๒๐๒๔ (พุทธศักราช ๒๕๖๗)
iloveteaching

Previous

Return to Thai Language Instruction