thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

thai-langauge.com app for the iPhone

Using Thai on your iPhone, cell-phone, or mobile device

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Re: thai-langauge.com app for the iPhone

Postby tod-daniels » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:41 am

Interestingly enough I already accidentally took the latest Apple update on my IPhone 4S. :o

I also then took the T/L dot com dictionary app update which was available as well.

So far it works okay, and now even has a microphone feature. :) Which I didn't see before..

If I have the english keyboard displayed it will look up the english words I say, and if I have the thai keyboard displayed it'll look up the thai words it thinks I said :shock: .

It's either fussy in thai ;) or my thai is too piss poorly pronounced for it to understand me! :lol:
"Whoever said `Money can`t buy you love or joy` obviously was not making enough money." <- quote by Gene $immon$ of the rock group KISS
tod-daniels

Postby Tgeezer » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:24 am

tod-daniels wrote:Interestingly enough I already accidentally took the latest Apple update on my IPhone 4S. :o

I also then took the T/L dot com dictionary app update which was available as well.

So far it works okay, and now even has a microphone feature. :) Which I didn't see before..

If I have the english keyboard displayed it will look up the english words I say, and if I have the thai keyboard displayed it'll look up the thai words it thinks I said :shock: .

It's either fussy in thai ;) or my thai is too piss poorly pronounced for it to understand me! :lol:

The predictive text feature and the dictionary feature are bad in many sites; they absolutely refuse to accept insisting on (จริง see?) in text. Some programmes, sites, apps or what ever they are, will not let you refuse the offered word or type what you want however often you re type. I normally comment when I see it, one word unknown to a dictionary somewhere is 'august' , insisting that it must be August. So I could easily believe that it was a fault in programming rather than a failure of your pronunciation Tod.
Tgeezer

Postby tod-daniels » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:23 am

Any chance to get the dictionary app to type in phonetics like Benjawan Becker's three way dictionary app?

Where when you click transliterated it shows an IPA-ish keyboard with diacritics and such? :oops:
"Whoever said `Money can`t buy you love or joy` obviously was not making enough money." <- quote by Gene $immon$ of the rock group KISS
tod-daniels

Postby crishoj » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:54 pm

tod-daniels wrote:Any chance to get the dictionary app to type in phonetics like Benjawan Becker's three way dictionary app?

Where when you click transliterated it shows an IPA-ish keyboard with diacritics and such? :oops:

Hi Tod,

That's an interesting proposal. I can definitely see the use case for this. I will add it to my TODO list for future versions.

Thanks
crishoj

Previous

Return to Mobile Devices