thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Audio using iphone

Usage questions, bug reports, and feature requests for this web site

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Audio using iphone

Postby illusion » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:10 pm

Is it possible to hear the pronunciations of word (clicking the speaker icon) while using my iPhone?
illusion

Re: Audio using iphone

Postby David and Bui » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:14 pm

If you have an iPhone, you can download the "Thai English Dictionary" app from Thai-language.com created by Christian Rishoj. The app is free. This app uses the built-in Apple pronunciation function. Look up a word, hold your finger on the Thai word which comes up. You will see "Copy, Speak, Append". Click on "Speak" to hear the pronunciation. The definition of the word and sample sentences can be found below the Thai word.

Let us know if you have any problems. Thanks.
David in Houston
David and Bui

Postby illusion » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:00 pm

Thanks! It's working good with the app.

However, I presume you're the administrator of this site and I'm having an issue with the site. When I'm browsing the site using my home's wifi, can't seem to get into the forums as apparently, my IP's address has been permanently banned by the administrator. Can you check if there's an accidental mistake by that? I don't think i've done anything wrong thus far :lol: Thank you once again
illusion

Postby David and Bui » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:33 am

Illusion,

Since you are posting, you are a member in good standing. The site does not show any abnormalities or blocking. Please let us know if you are having any difficulties.
David in Houston
David and Bui

Postby radio-chaser » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:31 pm

Hello,

I have a problem with the app on my iphone. I believe the problem is due to an update as it was not this way before. My problem occurs after a word search and is:

I touch the word and then there is the black box with "Copy Speak Append".

I then have to touch the word "Speak" before I hear the word pronounced.

Before, I only needed to touch the word and it would be spoken! Having now, to touch a second word, before I can hear the word spoken, is driving me batty!

Is there there a way this could be undone? I have never needed to "Copy" or "Append" a word that I have searched for! I only need the word to be spoken when I touch the word!!!

What I do need sometimes is to just have the word spoken, several times in a row, repetitively, so I can hear the tone or pronunciation!

This has become so frustrating for me, that I am currently looking for a different app for my iphone. One that will allow me to touch the word repetitively and hear the word spoken, the same way this app used to function!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
radio-chaser

Postby David and Bui » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:25 pm

Thank you for your note and your comments. First, please let us know which version of the iPhone app you are using. My phone has 1.12[r5154], last updated 12/16/2015, revision 23608. Is this yours?

I notice that when I touch a word or sentence, I get only two choices: "copy" and "speak".

[Please note that at this time the sounds on this app use those in the Apple software and not those associated with the recorded voices in the online/internet version of Thai-language.com. Thus, the app sounds are unnatural and do not reflect the pacing of actual speech.]

I will send your comment to the developer. I ask you to make your comment also by touching "Settings" at the bottom of the app screen, then "About", and finally "Provide Feedback". Once there, you can make your comment directly to Christian Rishoj.

Thanks again.
David in Houston
David and Bui

Return to thai-language.com: Issues, Problems, Suggestions