thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Learn Thai from Anywhere In The World!

Immersive programs, classroom study and private instruction, worldwide.

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Re: Learn Thai from Anywhere In The World!

Postby iloveteaching » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:35 am

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody
สุขสันต์วันคริสต์มาส :D สวัสดีปีใหม่ ๒๕๕๔ ค่ะ

If you are interested to learn about about the most confusing concept of Thai culture
'เกรงใจ Thai Consideration'
please click to read the latest talk between me and Catherine at http://womenlearnthai.com/.

Enjoy! ขอให้สนุกค่ะ

http://womenlearnthai.com/index.php/tha ... z17rnnfQNp
iloveteaching

Postby DaveDigaDave » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:54 pm

My experience learning Thai with Narisa!

Hi to you all,
For some time now I have been learning Thai with Narisa and would like to share my experience with others, especially those of you who are thinking of learning Thai but just can’t decide how best to start.

My background is technical in electronics and IT communications which probably makes it hard for me to learn a new language because I like to base my learning experiences on facts, rules and live experiences. So I guess I am a real challenge for Narisa lol.

During my initial lesson with Narisa I explained that my attempts in the past to learn Thai using software language packages just did not work for me also I was concerned that learning 1-1 would be very difficult because I simply did not know where to start or more to the point I did not have the confidence to speak Thai. Looking back at those first few lessons I can now see that Narisa listened carefully to all of my concerns and structured the lessons to make sure I was progressing. All of my lessons on Skype are recorded using http://voipcallrecording.com/Skype_Call_Recorder although there are many other Skype recorders available.

Normally I have two lessons a week for one hour and this always provides me with plenty of material to study and revise. However, the turning point for me was when I realised that during one lesson I had been talking Thai with Narisa for 50 minutes, this made me realise just how much I had progressed.

If you want to learn Thai at any level from the basics to advanced then I fully recommend Narisa. Let me just say Narisa has many tools and techniques that she uses to bring out the best in anyone, simple and affective! My goal was to be able to speak a little Thai and now I am leaning to read Thai.

If you would like some more information feel free to contact me – dg@servilutions.co.uk

Opps! And of course I would like to thank David & Bui (and all others involved with thai-language.com) for this web site.

ขอบ คุณ ครับ
Thank you
เดฟ
Dave
DaveDigaDave

Postby drew.gillson » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:20 pm

Narisa has been teaching me to speak Thai since June, 2010 and I have had over 75 Skype lessons with her. I started my lessons with no knowledge of Thai and I can now speak Thai at a basic-intermediate level. I enjoy every lesson and feel that if I were to spend a few months in Thailand and speak Thai every day, I would soon be able to call myself an intermediate speaker. My vocabulary is 500+ words and I can communicate most day-to-day wants and needs, tell very simple stories, and respond to basic questions. I have also begun to learn how to read Thai, supplemented by Benjawan Poomsan Becker's books.

Narisa is fun to learn with and we laugh together almost every lesson. She is punctual, professional, and organized. Narisa's English is very good and it is rare that we have any trouble understanding each other. Narisa has developed her own lesson plans, transliteration method, and teaching tools, and I find them effective. I would highly recommend Narisa Naropakorn to anyone interested in learning to speak, read, or write Thai. She offers one free introductory Skype lesson and if you are looking for Thai teachers, I urge you to spend an hour with Narisa! :D
drew.gillson

Postby pm0507 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:29 pm

Testimonial for Narisa Naropakorn <jade_theresa@yahoo.com> and her teaching of Thai.

I am a 60(ish) year old Englishman, living in England and know only English. I have tried to learn Thai by books and computer programs for approximately 5 years. I got little success, being able to speak a few disjointed words, and able to read nothing. When traveling in Thailand I could could only say hello and good bye and order a meal in Thai. The problems I think were:

1. My idleness and crazy peripatetic, working life (I live away from home each working week and cannot commit to a class-room based language course).
2. Keeping interest and commitment without a learning structure.
3. Tonal language is very difficult for English speaker.
New alphabet was scary.
Speaking disjointed Thai words without the context of a sentence is hopeless.

Yet I always knew if you try to speak or even read and write Thai when in Thailand, beyond hello and goodbye, the response from Thai people is great.

I found Narisa from a visit to Thai-Language.com site. I needed a native Thai speaker living in Thailand (to get up to date teaching) and a teacher with immense patience and a some humour! (One 2 One learning is a bit daunting as you cannot hide at the back of the class when its difficult.) I was very impressed with Narisa's trial lesson and assessment of my ability. She was keen to know how I wanted to learn, style of learning and preferred degree of correction: highly, medium or mildly. My main aim, and thus request was that I learn to read, write and speak all together, so I could attack the language on all fronts.

Overall I am enjoying the lessons, the progress I am making and I am now motivated to continue the lessons with Narisa. My aim is to be able to read, write and speak Thai to an advanced level. The main specific points I find good about Narisa’s teaching are:

Her English, and knowledge of English grammar, is very good.
Very clear instructions and pronunciation of both Thai and English (albeit with a slight American lilt!)
Very good ear at listening, and correcting, my pronunciation.
Her care in listening to my concerns and modifies the lessons to suit.
Has provided information about other ways to reinforce the lessons. Especially ways to practice vowels and consonant classes.

After about 10 lessons I had a trip to Thailand and wow: place names began to come to life...I could read some of the Thai syllables and some place names. I also began to hear a few words in Thai speech around me.

We are now into my second set of twice weekly lessons, I am fully committed and I would very much recommend Narisa teaching by Skype.

สวัสดีครับ
Peter Marshall บีเตอร์ มาเเชล
pm0507

Postby xoftv » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:59 pm

Testimonial for Narisa Naropakorn <jade_theresa@yahoo.com> and her teaching of Thai.

I am 38 year old living in Austria married to a Thai for 13 years now. Have been exposed to the language for a long time but never took the effort to really learn it. So I finally found some motivation to learn just a year ago.
After fiddling around for a year by myself (using all kind of resources) I finally found Narissa here in the forum.

While hearing me speak is still a pain in the ear for most Thais, I do make progress I think. :-)

Learning with นริศา is straight forward and I really feel comfortable.
(after feeling rather uncomfortable getting up at 4:30 AM for the lesson :-) )

She really speaks proper english so she really can explain the meaning of words and phrases.

I am now on a weekly schedule having had 12 hours so far and intend to continue for as long as it takes...
Still have a long way to go but really do recommend her for everybody who is serious about learning Thai.

All the best !
xoftv

Postby Tingo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:52 am

A new remarkable online course has just been launched. Learn Speak Thai Online is offering beginner and intermediate online courses in Thai and Isaan Thai. The online lessons have clickable audio text and slide shows and there are 100's of audio flash card and matching words games to make learning Thai a lot of fun. At the moment they're offering about 100 free lessons and games, no sign up or purchase necessary. Worth checking out!

http://www.LearnSpeakThaiOnline.com
Tingo

Postby iloveteaching » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:13 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014 everybody :D
Keep learning!
iloveteaching

Postby iloveteaching » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:59 pm

สวัสดีปีใหม่ ๒๕๕๘ คนรักภาษาไทยทุกคนค่ะ
ขอให้มีความสุขกับการเรียนนะคะ
Happy New Year 2015 everybody :D
Happy learning!
iloveteaching

Postby iloveteaching » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:25 am

Happy Thai New Year (สงกรานต์ Song gran Festival) to everyone !
iloveteaching

Postby yoellax » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:04 am

I have been studying Thai with Narisa via Skype for 1.5 years now, and I am very happy with my progress.

Previously, I had been studying for over 3 years one-on-one "in person" with a teacher who then became no longer available. At first I was sceptical about learning via Skype, I thought it would be difficult to understand the teacher. After 1.5 years though I must say that if anything the challenge of understanding my teacher via Skype has actually helped my listening skills improve drastically. After all, if you can understand someone via Skype (or telephone), for sure you will understand them in person.

From the outset I told Narisa that I wanted to focus on spoken Thai (rather than the more formal written Thai I had learnt previously), and that I wanted her to be very strict with me. She has been absolutely fantastic in correcting my (many) mistakes. Often it is a little difficult to get a conversation going, because after I say one sentence we spent 2 or 3 minutes just correcting what I say, but I have the feeling that I'm learning a tremendous amount, because I will not make the same (common) mistake again in the future. I really feel that Narisa has helped me sound more natural in Thai, and because she is very strict in terms of correcting me when I use the wrong tone in a syllable, Thai people understand me much better than they used to.

Finally, I would like to add how valuable it is to have a teacher with so many years of experience. After all, the questions that Westerners have about the Thai language are often the same. Confusion always arises in those places where Thai doesn't map one-for-one into Western languages. Narisa has heard these questions so often that she always has a very precise answer ready. Where other teachers may say "I don't know why it is like that, just memorize it", Narisa can actually explain it and give examples. This is incredibly helpful!
yoellax

PreviousNext

Return to Thai Language Instruction