thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Affordable Thai language lessons via Skype.

Immersive programs, classroom study and private instruction, worldwide.

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Re: Affordable private Thai language lessons

Postby Fabienne » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:09 pm

Ladawan is a this kind of teacher that you expect to get during the tedious process of learning the intimidating thai ; she brings the all process into lively moment by pushing you to articulate full sentences like you are already unleashed by yourself in Bangkok.
Her great personality makes the all process delightful and I swallow the difficulty without any boredom. I have tried several online courses but nothing can replace a real live conversation with a native thai teacher, I was able during my short stay in Thailand, to express myself a little. So if you are looking for a teacher, Ladawan is definitely the one... Thanks Kruu Ladawan...
Fabienne (Paris, France)
Fabienne

Postby daฟาน » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:30 am

nice homepage! might try out your services when I am get to intermediat level
daฟาน

Postby jpellowe » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:13 pm

I have been taking Thai lessons with Ladawan for over four months now, three of those months have been online, private lessons over Skype.

Many of my friends are skeptical when they hear that I'm doing my lessons over Skype. They prefer traveling to group lessons because they want to see their teacher "in person" and get face-to-face instruction. However, I can honestly say that doing lessons one-on-one with Ladawan over Skype has been such a great way to learn!

Ladawan is such a talented teacher. She is really easy to feel comfortable with - she is very friendly, has a great sense of humour, and makes learning Thai a lot of fun! She is also really patient, which is so important - I feel comfortable asking questions and trying new things (even if it turns out I'm wrong). She is also really encouraging and provides great feedback.

One thing in particular that I appreciate about Ladawan is that she has a 'program' to guide my learning, but she is also willing to put that aside if I want to learn something different. For example, while we are working through the lessons for reading and writing, I started attending a Thai church and wanted to learn some 'church lingo' and to sing the Doxology. So, we spent a class learning that and resumed the lesson book the next day. I've also made lists of questions and words that I've "found" in the "real world", and Ladawan has been more than happy to answer and explain everything.

Her rates are really affordable, too (no caveat necessary!).

After every lesson I can see the progress I've made, and I look forward to continuing my lessons for a long time to come!
jpellowe

Postby eric,j » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:09 pm

i have being having lesson's with ladawan for a for a couple of month's and in this time i have learned more than i did than trying on my own for a year with rosetta stone, i wish i had found her sooner
eric,j

Re: Affordable Thai language lessons via Skype.

Postby ggsix » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:16 pm

To improve your language education via Skype you may be found this program usefull
IMCapture_for_Skype
It allows to record you conversations easily.
ggsix

Postby Billj » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:27 am

I have been taking Thai lessons from Ms. Ladawan for 3 months. She does a great job teaching and making the classes interesting. Her lessons are very organized. The lessons are emailed to me ahead of time. They include practical conversation, vocabulary and sentence structure. She also is good at engaging me in conversation related to the lessons. I feel I have learned a tremendous amount. My Thai wife can attest to that. I highly recommend her as a teacher.
Billj

Postby JohnP » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:24 am

I have taken classes with Ladawan at her old school as well as private lessons with Skype. She is easily the best Thai language teacher I have encountered. Classes are fun and enjoyable. I highly recommend her as a teacher.
JohnP

Postby Pee-Bum » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:06 pm

I have been taking lessons from Kruu Ladawan for about 6 months now. I couldn't be more pleased. She is definitely the best Thai teacher I've ever worked with. She is organized, timely and has written great lessons for learners at every level. But, it's not just the Thai teaching that makes Kruu Ladawan exceptional, it's her personality. She makes learning alot of fun with her wit and patience. It is obvious that she enjoys what she does and enjoys helping people learn. Her English is excellent and she always is willing to take some extra time to help you through sections of the lesson that may be difficult for you. She is also willing to help you with specific areas of the Thai language that you may need like business vocabulary, religious vocabulary or tourist vocabulary.

Before I started working with Kruu Ladawan, I used to dread doing my lessons on-line, now I thoroughly enjoy it and my Thai is progressing immensely thanks to her instruction. Finally, her pricing is some of the best that I have seen. I would even pay more for her services...

Simply put, you can't go wrong working with Kruu Ladawan. She is the best!

Fred from Ohio, USA (chue-len PEE BUM)
Pee-Bum

Postby Ladawan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:34 am

Thank you very much for every posts, korp-kun jing jing ka.
Here's another testimonial from kun Arnout Jaspers (one of my great students).

ขอบคุณทุกคนมากค่ะ
ครูลดาวัลย์

Skype is a great invention for language lessons. You get one-on-one instruction from a native speaker for a fraction of what it would cost if you hired a private teacher in Holland or any other Western country, and it works very well. I took Thai lessons with kruu Ladawan for three months, and was amazed by the results.
I had been to Thailand several times before for a few weeks, but still I did not speak a word of Thai. It is not a language that a European can just pick up by going there, you really need to study it under the guidance of a good teacher.
You could not have a better instructor for doing just that than kruu Ladawan. She is a very professional, patient and dedicated teacher and a charming person as well.
Don't forget, however, that learning Thai this way still requires real work: when you sit in a Thai language class, you can let your mind wander for 5 or 10 minutes and try to get away with not doing your home work. In one-on-one lessons, you work with your teacher all the time for 60 minutes, and you have to stay focused.
I took 2 Skype-lessons a week, did my home work (almost) every time, and tried to practice vocabulary and pronunciation every day for at least twenty minutes.
The understanding of Thai that I got this way helped me a great deal when I was teaching English to Thai children, and made a big difference in my contacts with local people.

Arnout Jaspers,
the Netherlands
Ladawan

Postby ChristianG » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:28 pm

I have been learning thai language for many years yet (with many and large breaks of course)
learning on my own with books and tapes.
Now I had 40 lessons with Ladawan and I made such a great leap in especially reading and
writing skills that I am sure it was the right decision.
Ladawan is a very professional teacher, always good humored, motivating and very patient.
I am happy that I found her and I am looking forward to next lessons soon.

Chris
ChristianG

PreviousNext

Return to Thai Language Instruction