thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Affordable Thai language lessons via Skype.

Immersive programs, classroom study and private instruction, worldwide.

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Re: Affordable Thai language lessons via Skype.

Postby baconboy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:23 am

I've been taking lessons from kruu ladawan for a bit more than 3 months now. Picking up a language is tough for me but through her well structured and systematic lessons, my thai is progressing steadily over each lesson. To top it off, kruu ladawan is very professional but is also very personal and witty. I look forward to our lessons together every week and am always impressed that she remembers where we left off the last time even though I don't :)

I'm really happy I've found her and have been telling my friends of this great and affortable way of learning thai from a excellent teacher using skype (which works well for this).

Lanson (Singapore)
baconboy

Postby Espen » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:06 pm

I have been taking lessons with kruu Ladawan for about two months now, and I have to say that learning Thai via Skype, and from someone with Kruu Ladawan's capacity, competence and easy-going nature, has been a joy from the start. I can without reservations recommend her to anyone interested in learning some Thai.

I was actually searching for a Thai language school near where I live, but unable to find any, when I came across some information about learning Thai via Skype. With limited time available, I thought it would be worthwhile to try. It was an easy decision to give it a try, because kruu Ladawan offered a 20 minute test session for free, which I beleive she will offer any potential student.

After the test session, it was an easy decision to go ahead with the first course. Kruu Ladawan's easy-going and friendly nature, combined with her professionalism in her approach to teaching Thai, made it an easy decision to make. I can add that her very affordable prices didn't make the decision any harder.

After about two months of learning Thai with Kruu Ladawan, I can say that I am very glad I made the decision to go ahead with this. Unfortunately, I have only had time for two hours per week. Whenever I have a chance, I will try to increase to four hours per week. But even with only two hours per week, I see that there is good progress in this relatively short time since I started. Kruu Ladawan does not make it easy for you. She requires you to do homework, she pushes you with her questions during the sessions (she always remembers what you had problem with last time).....all that is necessary to learn a new language. But I have to add, she does everything with a big smile, which makes it so much easier. Another thing, her excellent English is a big plus.

Espen Sanderberg
Norway/Thailand
Espen

Postby Dave1 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:36 pm

Kruu Ladawan is nothing short of fantastic. I don’t have an aptitude for languages and I have studied Thai on and off for awhile as a hobby. I have had several teachers in the past all of who were good. Ladawan however, is simply great. Her English is perfect and she is always able to explain the meaning of words as well as the differences and subtleties between words and sentence structures. Her lessons are well written and include a structured repetition that has allowed me to make more progress more quickly than I ever have in the past. I would recommend Ladawan without hesitation to anyone who is interested in either learning or improving their Thai.

Dave (USA)
Dave1

Postby Passing » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:47 am

Hey everyone,

I've been taking Thai lessons w/ Kruu Ladawan for about four months now. Out of all the professional teachers I've had in my life, she ranks near the top. Her preparation for our classes is impeccable and her ability to change gears mid-class is always quick and precise. She specifically uses these skills to provide solid lesson plans that evolve around my learning style, improve upon and reinforce what I've already learned, and teach me things that are relevant to my interests. Our lessons are formal, yet just like a long conversation with a friend - she holds me to high standards while being very friendly and easygoing at the same time.

Having just moved to Thailand last week, I've had a ton of fun and have realized great success with communicating with everyone here. I think it's pretty safe to say that I never would have come this far in my Thai language ability if I never met Kruu Ladawan. My only regret is not starting lessons with her before the first time I visited Thailand.

Thanks Kruu and see you soon for our next lesson,

Andrew
Passing

Postby Ladawan » Sun May 27, 2012 9:04 am

Thank you very much for every comments ka.
Ladawan

Postby erdo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:21 am

If you are thinking of taking the plunge I thoroughly recommend taking thai Skype lessons at thaiwithjoy.com I expect that your Thai friends or colleagues will notice the difference almost immediately.

I have learnt languages before by attending group lessons in my town, but this is SO much more effective, I don't think I will ever try to learn a language any other way. The surprising thing is that not only is the teaching quality very high, the lessons are priced very low.

Ms Ladawan introduces vocabulary and language concepts naturally and helps you remember them by getting you to repeat and practice. I have noticed that she keeps track of my common mistakes and my areas of strength and weakness and adjusts the lessons accordingly. Also, when I have been a good student and studied hard between the lessons, we will progress much faster, but on the weeks I have been lazy, she automatically adjusts the tempo so that I don't get overwhelmed with too much new information. I am constantly improving and the lessons are so much fun I always look forward to them. Send her an email now and I don't think you will regret it :)
erdo

Postby Ladawan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Thank you guys for posting your comments.

Let me introduce myself and what I am doing again :D

I am a Thai language teacher looking to teach private lessons by Skype to those interested in starting from scratch or who want to improve their Thai.

I have been teaching Thai to foreigners from many different countries and with different levels of proficiency in the language for over eight years. I structure my lessons according to the learner’s proficiency in Thai and goals in learning the language. Whether it’s getting the basics down, improving workplace communication, or mastering spoken and written Thai, I have lesson plans in line with your goals.

Classes are offered to suit your schedule and needs. I am available from Monday - Friday:
- in the morning from 07.00-12.00 (Bangkok time),
- in the afternoon from 13.00-19.00 (Bangkok time)

I have students from many countries, for example: Canada, USA, England, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and more.

Private Thai Lesson - 15 US Dollars / Hour / Person
If you register for at least 10 lessons in advanced, it will be only 12 US Dollars / Hour / person (120 US dollars for 10 hours)
(Handout materials are provided)

I accept the payments by Paypal.
You can find more information at: http://www.thaiwithjoy.com

Thank you.

Kruu Ladawan
teacher@thaiwithjoy.com
Last edited by Ladawan on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ladawan

Postby mailordteenaraak » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:49 pm

Kruu Ladawan is definitely the best language teacher I have ever had, including all the teachers at my current Thai language school. I would 100% recommend her to anyone interested in learning Thai for fun, business, or whatever their Thai needs.
mailordteenaraak

Postby Ladawan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:31 pm

ขอบคุณมากค่ะ (korp-kun maak ka) Thank you very much.
:) :P :D ;)
Ladawan

Postby daฟาน » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:46 pm

I deleted the last post. It is a bit suspicious to me, and most likely also to others, that there are mainly comments from 1-post-members. Although it is possible that they are just thankful students of yours doing you a favor, I think it is unnecessary for the same person (this time roberta) to thank you twice in the same thread.
daฟาน

PreviousNext

Return to Thai Language Instruction