thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Online Application & Appointments for Extensions of Stay

Visas and planning your residency in Thailand

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Online Application & Appointments for Extensions of Stay

Postby tod-daniels » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:45 am

PLEASE NOTE THIS NEWS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE RESIDING IN BANGKOK :) !!

Just wanted to let anyone know (who might be interested).. IF you live in Bangkok and need to apply for a visa extension (retirement, marriage, ED, etc) you can now go to a website, fill out the T.M7 form, book what time you want your appointment, then get a printed receipt.

http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibic ... o?cmd=term

Now be prepared for that link to ONLY work in IE (although it works in my IE emulator dealy on Firefox), and also be prepared to take some time to fill out the 7 steps to get that T.M7 filled out so you can get their "Transaction Reference Number (TRN Code) and print it. A lot of the choices are ONLY in Thai, (especially your point of entry into Thailand), so have a thai reader handy when you're doing it.

When your day and time comes up, you show up at Thai Immigrations at the government complex on Chaengwattana Road with the necessary documentation and one photo. You don't even get a queue number but instead just go to the appropriate area and are served next!!

It certainly will cut down on time spent out there. Even though I went to Immigrations with an acquaintance today for a yearly extension of stay, because you hafta make the appointment two days early I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

In speaking to the Immigrations Officers I know out there, they said it does work. They also said not that many people use it yet. I pointed out that hardly anyone knows about it and even less people go to the Thai Immigrations website. I mentioned I'd seen it talked about on forum about Thailand and that I'd post it on other Thai related forums to get the word out for them. .

One other thing, today Immigrations was saying they're making a contingency plan to re-open Ladprao Soi 83 and Major Hollywood in Phrapradaeng (across the river) when the "whistle mob" takes the government buildings hostage out at Chaengwattana starting on Monday the 13th.

So next week, before you slog out to Chaengwattana, check and see if they've opened the alternate sites for accepting visa extension stuff or not.

Good Luck, just wanted people to know about it..
"Whoever said `Money can`t buy you love or joy` obviously was not making enough money." <- quote by Gene $immon$ of the rock group KISS
tod-daniels

Re: Online Application & Appointments for Extensions of Stay

Postby daฟาน » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:29 am

Very interesting... this should work for the 90 days blabla as well right? (I will never understand why it is necessary to waste my time every 90 days, Thai students with a student visa at my home don't have to go a ridiculous process like this)
daฟาน

Postby bobcat321 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:22 am

tod-daniels wrote:One other thing, today Immigrations was saying they're making a contingency plan to re-open Ladprao Soi 83 and Major Hollywood in Phrapradaeng (across the river) when the "whistle mob" takes the government buildings hostage out at Chaengwattana starting on Monday the 13th.

So next week, before you slog out to Chaengwattana, check and see if they've opened the alternate sites for accepting visa extension stuff or not.

This was confirmed today at Chaengwattana as well. I was supposed to do my ED visa extension 90-day thingy today, but when I got there, there were over 500 people ahead of me in the queue.. all of a sudden one of their trainees came walking with a big sign over her head, which confirmed what you wrote about them re-opening Ladprao Soi 83 and also Major Hollywood :) So I will wait until Monday morning and do it at Ladprao instead, since my school has decided to be closed on that day due to the protests.
bobcat321

Postby tod-daniels » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:08 am

Now now "daฟาน"; you've been here long enough to not compare what we as foreigners have to do to stay in thailand with what people in other countries have to do to stay there :lol: . Those are apples against oranges comparisons... ;) ..

IF you're enrolled in a real university (Chula, Thammasat, Mahidol, Dhurakij Pundit, Srinakharinwirot, Ramkhamhaeng) as opposed to a private Thai language school, you should be able to get yearly extensions of stay paperwork from them instead of the 90 days at a time which all private thai langauge schools give.

It still won't stop you from having to report every 90 days if you haven't left the country, but it's just a 1900 baht a year extension versus a 1900baht four times a year extension at private schools...

Just a note to anyone going to Ladprao Soi 83 tomorrow. One of the 7 listed protest sites by the "whistle mob" (ม๊อบนกหวีด) is on Ladprao road. I think it's closer to the MRT station Phahon Yothin on Ladprao road rather than at the MRT Ladprao station stop itself.I don't know but be prepared.

Also if you go into the parking garage behind the Big C, you can get up to the 5th floor where Thai Immigrations is even before they open the Big C entrance at 9AM.

One last bit is not to forget that the Immigrations office at Ladprao doesn't open (as in doesn't let people into the office) until 10AM. They do hand out queue numbers and vet your paperwork outside the office in the staging area before that though..

Good Luck..
"Whoever said `Money can`t buy you love or joy` obviously was not making enough money." <- quote by Gene $immon$ of the rock group KISS
tod-daniels

Postby daฟาน » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:00 pm

Yeah that's my situation - 1 year visa, show up every 90 days. The elevator hint is useful, when I was there I was a bit confused at first until I saw the relatively small immigration signs on the ceiling to lead you the way.
daฟาน

Return to Work, Retire, or Study