thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

What does บริการตลอดคืน mean?

Inquiries and recommendations within Thailand

Moderator: acloudmovingby

What does บริการตลอดคืน mean?

Postby SlickMan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:26 pm

I browsed the BMTA website and am interested in taking the bus route no. 29 from Don Muang Airport to Hua Lumphong Railway Station.

Under the column ระยะเวลาเดินรถ, what does บริการตลอดคืน (literally "service throughout night") really mean? Does it mean this bus route will operate 24 hours?

http://www.bmta.co.th/th/bus_search.php?cat=12&place=%CA%B6%D2%B9%D5%C3%B6%E4%BF%B4%CD%B9%E0%C1%D7%CD%A7&Submit=+++%A4%E9%B9%CB%D2+++

Thanks for your help in advance.

If this bus route operates overnight, that would be great for me, for I will be landing on the Don Muang Airport at a late night next month.
SlickMan
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: What does บริการตลอดคืน mean?

Postby claude06thailand » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Right, 24 h service, and you can find ตลอดทั้งคืน as well >>> ตลอดวัน /ตลอดทั้งวัน
User avatar
claude06thailand
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:00 am
Location: France And Thailand

Re: What does บริการตลอดคืน mean?

Postby SlickMan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:37 am

claude06thailand wrote:Right, 24 h service, and you can find ตลอดทั้งคืน as well >>> ตลอดวัน /ตลอดทั้งวัน


That would be a great news for me!

By the way, where can I find the bus frequency information, especially route 29? I found that BMTA's website is really difficult and confusing to use.
SlickMan
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: What does บริการตลอดคืน mean?

Postby Pirin » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:41 pm

.....
Last edited by Pirin on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Pirin
 
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: What does บริการตลอดคืน mean?

Postby SlickMan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Pirin wrote:This might not be less confusing, but a good start.

สาย 29
1 = บริการตลอดคืน (around the clock)
หมู่บ้านรัตนโกสินทร์ 200 ปี <--------> สถานีรถไฟหัวลำโพง, แยกหัวลำโพง
and
แยกหัวลำโพง, สถานีรถไฟหัวลำโพง <---------> หมู่บ้านรัตนโกสินทร์ 200 ปี

2 = 04:00 - 22:00
อุทยานวิทยาศาสตร์ (สวทช.) <--------> สถานีรถไฟหัวลำโพง, แยกหัวลำโพง
and
แยกหัวลำโพง, สถานีรถไฟหัวลำโพง <---------> อุทยานวิทยาศาสตร์ (สวทช.)

http://www.bmta.co.th/th/bus_info.php?l ... &bus_no=29

http://www.mapsmile.com/bmta.php

http://www.bmta.co.th/th/bus_info.php?b ... D%D5%C2%B4


Thanks for your guidance; BMTA's website is very difficult to use (for me).

By the way, what does "1" and "2" here means for route 29?
SlickMan
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: What does บริการตลอดคืน mean?

Postby Pirin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 pm

.....
Last edited by Pirin on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Pirin
 
Posts: 2667
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: What does บริการตลอดคืน mean?

Postby daฟาน » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:16 pm

Always took 29 when I studied Muay Thai in Rangsit. The people assured me it drives all night. Honestly I just used it once in the middle of the night. It was a non AC bus, maybe by chance but it definitely drives in the middle of the night.
(frequency during the day is high... If you don't mind taking a non AC bus I would guess max every 20 minutes during the day. Can't speak for the night)


I would also look out for a รถตู้. There are a lot of them along this route. Probably ask Thai people at the bus station if one of them goes to Hua Lumphong Railway Station and what word you should look for on the window of the minivan (or number). As far as I saw those should operate all night as well and usually are a lot faster (at least during the day).
daฟาน
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:57 am
Location: กทม

Re: What does บริการตลอดคืน mean?

Postby SlickMan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:10 pm

daฟาน wrote:Always took 29 when I studied Muay Thai in Rangsit. The people assured me it drives all night. Honestly I just used it once in the middle of the night. It was a non AC bus, maybe by chance but it definitely drives in the middle of the night.
(frequency during the day is high... If you don't mind taking a non AC bus I would guess max every 20 minutes during the day. Can't speak for the night)


I would also look out for a รถตู้. There are a lot of them along this route. Probably ask Thai people at the bus station if one of them goes to Hua Lumphong Railway Station and what word you should look for on the window of the minivan (or number). As far as I saw those should operate all night as well and usually are a lot faster (at least during the day).


I don't mind riding non-A/C buses, but regarding the bus frequency . 20 mins during the day ... it is a bit sparce .. but anyway thanks for the information.

By the way, what is รถตู้? Where can I find more information about it?
SlickMan
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: What does บริการตลอดคืน mean?

Postby daฟาน » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:25 pm

SlickMan wrote:
daฟาน wrote:Always took 29 when I studied Muay Thai in Rangsit. The people assured me it drives all night. Honestly I just used it once in the middle of the night. It was a non AC bus, maybe by chance but it definitely drives in the middle of the night.
(frequency during the day is high... If you don't mind taking a non AC bus I would guess max every 20 minutes during the day. Can't speak for the night)


I would also look out for a รถตู้. There are a lot of them along this route. Probably ask Thai people at the bus station if one of them goes to Hua Lumphong Railway Station and what word you should look for on the window of the minivan (or number). As far as I saw those should operate all night as well and usually are a lot faster (at least during the day).


I don't mind riding non-A/C buses, but regarding the bus frequency . 20 mins during the day ... it is a bit sparce .. but anyway thanks for the information.

By the way, what is รถตู้? Where can I find more information about it?


รถตู้ are the white minivans... 20 mins is just a guess! if i didn't care if i took a minivan (a bit more expensive but faster - only 9 ppl or something) or a bus, then you should have several options every couple of minutes... (i always took the bus/minivan at makro station, the last one before future park)

however if you are not at a big bus station then the รถตู้ will only stop him if you signal the driver to stop - which is tricky (ask thai people at the bus station, they will help you if you ask them kindly)
why tricky? cuz you have to read the thai name really fast (and know what name you have to look for - or number)
daฟาน
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:57 am
Location: กทม

Re: What does บริการตลอดคืน mean?

Postby SlickMan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:42 pm

daฟาน wrote:
SlickMan wrote:
daฟาน wrote:Always took 29 when I studied Muay Thai in Rangsit. The people assured me it drives all night. Honestly I just used it once in the middle of the night. It was a non AC bus, maybe by chance but it definitely drives in the middle of the night.
(frequency during the day is high... If you don't mind taking a non AC bus I would guess max every 20 minutes during the day. Can't speak for the night)


I would also look out for a รถตู้. There are a lot of them along this route. Probably ask Thai people at the bus station if one of them goes to Hua Lumphong Railway Station and what word you should look for on the window of the minivan (or number). As far as I saw those should operate all night as well and usually are a lot faster (at least during the day).


I don't mind riding non-A/C buses, but regarding the bus frequency . 20 mins during the day ... it is a bit sparce .. but anyway thanks for the information.

By the way, what is รถตู้? Where can I find more information about it?


รถตู้ are the white minivans... 20 mins is just a guess! if i didn't care if i took a minivan (a bit more expensive but faster - only 9 ppl or something) or a bus, then you should have several options every couple of minutes... (i always took the bus/minivan at makro station, the last one before future park)

however if you are not at a big bus station then the รถตู้ will only stop him if you signal the driver to stop - which is tricky (ask thai people at the bus station, they will help you if you ask them kindly)
why tricky? cuz you have to read the thai name really fast (and know what name you have to look for - or number)


Thanks for your information about รถตู้. I am planning to ride a bus to Hua Lumphong Railway Station at Don Muang Train Station, let me see if there are รถตู้ departing from Don Muang then.
SlickMan
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Hong Kong


Return to Residents' Tips: Dining Out, Entertainment, Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Copyright © 2020 thai-language.com. Portions copyright © by original authors, rights reserved, used by permission; Portions 17 USC §107.