thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

"ครองใจคน"

Complete sentences, phrases, and figurative speech

Moderator: acloudmovingby

"ครองใจคน"

Postby David and Bui » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:50 am

Friends,

I have another passage which I need assistance with. I am not sure what the author is trying to say, but my interpretation follows each sentence. Your comments and corrections will be appreciated. I am especially interested in the interpretation of the phrase "ครองใจคน" which shows up several times in this passage. Thanks

การทำให้คนเป็นมิตร ถือว่าเป็นศิลปะที่ลึกซึ้งสำหรับการดำรงชีวิตในสังคม
Making friends is a critically important art to be able to conduct one’s life in human society.

การเข้าถึงจิตใจคนนั้นไม่มีวิถีทางใดที่ทำได้ดีกว่าอาศัยหลักธรรมแห่งพระพุทธศาสนาและหลักจิตวิทยา
There is no better way to become connect with your fellow man than to live by the principles of Buddhism and Psychology.

การทำงานถ้าขาดการครองใจคนเสียแล้ว กิจการนั้นก็ขาดความเจริญงอกงาม
In our work environments, if we lack the ability to reach out to other people, our [business] activities will lack progress and growth.

มนุษยสัมพันธ์จึงอยู่ที่การครองใจ การชนะใจคนเป็นส่วนใหญ่ การเข้าถึงจิตใจคน
Human relations thus includes reaching out to others, winning over people; [and] connecting with the souls of others.

ทำอะไรถูกใจ และถึงใจคนจะนำความสำเร็จมาสู่ผู้ปฏิบัติอย่างไม่มีสิ่งใดเทียบเท่า
Whatever we can do to strike a chord in others and to reach their hearts will bring us success more than anything else we might do.

มนุษยสัมพันธ์จึงมีลักษณะเป็นกิริยาที่กระทำต่อกันของบุคคลแต่ละบุคคล และทุกคนที่ร่วมกันปฏิบัติงานอยู่ในแต่ละองค์การ
Human relations thus includes actions which we humans do for each other and for all others with whom we work.
______________________________________________-
David in Houston
David and Bui

Re: "ครองใจคน"

Postby Tgeezer » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:50 am

David and Bui wrote:Friends,

I have another passage which I need assistance with. I am not sure what the author is trying to say, but my interpretation follows each sentence. Your comments and corrections will be appreciated. I am especially interested in the interpretation of the phrase "ครองใจคน" which shows up several times in this passage. Thanks
_________________________________________ -

My approach is to just try to parse the piece to get the drift then decide how it could be put in English.

So: introduction.
มนุษยสัมพันธ์มีหลักการใหญ่อยู่ที่การครองใจคน
The important principle in human relationships- is in- the process of controlling people's hearts.

การทำให้คนเป็นมิตร ถือว่าเป็นศิลปะที่ลึกซึ้งสำหรับการดำรงชีวิตในสังคม
Making people like one I believe is a profound skill for living in society.

การเข้าถึงจิตใจคนนั้นไม่มีวิถีทางใดที่ทำได้ดีกว่าอาศัยหลักธรรมแห่งพระพุทธศาสนาและหลักจิตวิทยา
. getting to the hearts of people is best accomplished by applying the principles of Buddhism and psychology

การทำงานถ้าขาดการครองใจคนเสียแล้ว กิจการนั้นก็ขาดความเจริญงอกงาม
If work is undertaken without controlling the hearts of people it is not going to turn out well.

มนุษยสัมพันธ์จึงอยู่ที่การครองใจ การชนะใจคนเป็นส่วนใหญ่
To win people's hearts is the important thing so relationships are in contolling hearts.

การเข้าถึงจิตใจคน ทำอะไรถูกใจ และถึงใจคนจะนำความสำเร็จมาสู่ผู้ปฏิบัติอย่างไม่มีสิ่งใดเทียบเท่า
There is nothing to compare with reaching into their hearts, doing whatever pleases them and satisfies them which leads to satisfaction for the person performing the job.

มนุษยสัมพันธ์จึงมีลักษณะเป็นกิริยาที่กระทำต่อกันของบุคคลแต่ละบุคคล และทุกคนที่ร่วมกันปฏิบัติงานอยู่ในแต่ละองค์การ
Human relationships then, have a character which is of mutual behaviour 'one on one' and collective behaviour between everyone involved in the organisation.

This last part has to sum up what went before.

I think that this only needs polishing I may be wrong, other views would be nice.
Edit: I have reworked this, not because I think that anyone will read it now but because I don't want my original attempt on record.
Last edited by Tgeezer on Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tgeezer

Postby Pirin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:25 pm

"การครองใจคน" is a formal (or probably philosophical) phrase. I would say that this statement roughly means, "The key principle of human relations is to gain mutual trust (in a circumstance).".
Pirin

Postby David and Bui » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:32 pm

Thank you, Khun Pirin.
David in Houston
David and Bui

Postby Pirin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Tgeezer wrote:

_________________________________________ -

My approach is to just try to parse the piece to get the drift then decide how it could be put in English.

. getting to the hearts of people is best accomplished by applying the principles of Buddhism and psychology

.... empathizing with others
.... stepping into the shoes of other people to understand their feelings and perspectives, and to use that understanding to guide our actions

RID:
เข้าถึง . เข้าใจอย่างซาบซึ้ง เช่น เข้าถึงบท เข้าถึงวรรณคดี, เข้าใกล้ชิดสนิทสนมเพื่อจะได้รู้ซึ้งถึงชีวิตจิตใจและความต้องการเป็นต้น เช่นเข้าถึงประชาชน.
Pirin

Return to Advanced Translation