thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Pacemaker

Given names, nicknames, boxing monikers, tattoos

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Re: Pacemaker

Postby Tgeezer » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:18 am

เพซเมเกอ says it all doesn't it?
Tgeezer

Postby David and Bui » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:51 am

Pacemaker.jpg
Pacemaker.jpg (24.56 KiB) Viewed 16497 times

นี่คือตัวอย่างเครื่องกระตุ้นหัวใจที่หมอแสดงให้เห็น และเทียบขนาดกับปากกา
David in Houston
David and Bui

Postby Pirin » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:06 pm

Tgeezer wrote:เพซเมเกอ says it all doesn't it?

เครื่องเพซเมกเกอร์ หรือเครื่องกระตุ้นหัวใจ ค่ะ
Pirin

Postby Tgeezer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:08 am

Pirin wrote:

I bought a little 80Bt publication compiled by the RI where คำศัพท์ were listed, I was shocked to see the number of words transliterated into Thai. Pacemaker was not among them.
I note the better spelling : เครื่องเพซเมกเกอร์: are you sure that เครื่อง is needed? เครื่องกระตุ้งหัวใจ is a general description, a defibrillator might also be one of those.
I would have thought that educated people read 'Pacemaker' which describes construction, function and application; much more than a machine for stimulating the heart, as David's photograph shows. Do you not agree with me that 'pacemaker says it all in a medical context?
Tgeezer

Postby David and Bui » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:50 am

The following is from http://rukjai.com/article/%E0%B8%8A%E0% ... -Pacemaker

The translation is mine. Any comments, corrections, and suggestions for improvement are welcome.

ชีวิตหลังการผ่าตัดฝังเครื่องกระตุ้นไฟฟ้าให้จังหวะหัวใจ
Life after surgery to implant a cardiac pacemaker.

เครื่องกระตุ้นให้จังหวะหัวใจเป็นอุปกรณ์อิเลคทรอนิคส์ทำงานโดยอาศัยแบตเตอรี่
A pacemaker is a battery-powered electronic device.

โดยทั่วไปจะผ่าตัดใส่ให้กับผู้ป่วยที่มีปัญหาหัวใจเต้นช้ากว่าปกติหรือหยุดเต้นชั่วคราวที่แก้สาเหตุไม่ได้
Generally it is surgically implanted in patients whose hearts beat too slow or stop beating temporarily and which cannot be otherwise repaired.

ทำให้เกิดอาการ เช่นหน้ามืดเป็นลมหมดสติหรือเหนื่อย
[These problems] cause symptoms such as dizziness, feeling faint, losing consciousness, and fatigue.

การผ่าตัดฝังเครื่องกระตุ้นให้จังหวะหัวใจนี้ แพทย์จะใส่สายซึ่งมีขั้วไฟฟ้าเล็กๆ ที่ปลายสายเข้าทางหลอดเลือดดำ
In performing surgery to install a pacemaker the doctor will implant wire leads into the heart’s veins; [these leads] have small electrodes at the tips.

ส่วนใหญ่จะใส่เข้าบริเวณใต้กระดูกไหปลาร้า ด้านซ้าย หรือขวา
Usually, [the pacemaker] is placed under the left or right collar bone.

แพทย์จะวางตำแหน่งปลายสายเข้าในห้องหัวใจด้านขวาห้องบน ห้องล่างหรือทั้ง 2 ห้อง แล้วแต่ความจำเป็น
Doctors place the tips of the leads into the right auricle, into the ventricle, or into both chambers, depending on where they are needed.

จากนั้นจะส่งต่อปลายสายอีกด้านเข้าที่เครื่องกระตุ้นให้จังหวะหัวใจ ซึ่งจะถูกฝังไว้ใต้ผิวหนังบริเวณใต้กระดูกไหปลาร้า
Then, [the doctor] runs the other end of the lead into the pacemaker which will be implanted subcutaneously near the collarbone or clavicle.

เครื่องกระตุ้นให้จังหวะหัวใจจะรับสัญญาณไฟฟ้าของหัวใจผ่านทางสายตลอดเวลา
The pacemaker will constantly received electrical signals from heart through the wires.

เมื่ออัตราการเต้นของหัวใจผู้ป่วยช้าลงกว่าที่ได้ตั้งโปรแกรมไว้ เครื่องจะส่งพลังงานไฟฟ้าปริมาณน้อยๆ (แต่เพียงพอ) เพื่อกระตุ้นให้จังหวะหัวใจตามอัตราที่ตั้งไว้
When the patient’s heart rate falls below the programmed level, the pacemaker will send a small (but sufficient) electrical charge to stimulate the heart to beat at the designated rate.

ระยะแรกหลังการผ่าตัดหากไม่มีภาวะแทรกซ้อนใดๆ และไม่มีความผิดปกติอื่นๆ ที่ต้องได้รับการดูแลต่อในโรงพยาบาล ผู้ป่วยมักจะกลับบ้านได้ใน 1-3 วัน
During the period immediately after the operation if no complications arise and nothing unusual occurs which requires further hospitalization, the patient can return home within one to three days.

ซึ่งเป็นระยะเวลาที่ผู้ป่วยจะกลับเข้าสู่ภาวะปกติยกเว้นอาการเจ็บบริเวณแผลผ่าตัดในช่วง ๒ วันแรก
This is the time period in which the patient returns to normal, save for any pain in the area around the incision which lasts for the first two days.

แต่จะค่อยๆ ดีขึ้นและหายใน 7-10 วันซึ่งเป็นเวลาที่แผลที่ผิวหนังสมานกันดีแล้ว
But, [this pain] should subside and disappear in seven to tend days when the incision heals completely.

Postby Tgeezer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:33 am

Thanks David I think that shows that the medical profession are people after my own heart and don't just use English if they can avoid it! The only comment I have is that 'slowly' is the adjective for me and my generation :D
Tgeezer

Postby Pirin » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:31 am

Tgeezer wrote:
Pirin wrote:

I bought a little 80Bt publication compiled by the RI where คำศัพท์ were listed, I was shocked to see the number of words transliterated into Thai. Pacemaker was not among them.
I note the better spelling : เครื่องเพซเมกเกอร์: are you sure that เครื่อง is needed? เครื่องกระตุ้นหัวใจ is a general description, a defibrillator might also be one of those.
I would have thought that educated people read 'Pacemaker' which describes construction, function and application; much more than a machine for stimulating the heart, as David's photograph shows. Do you not agree with me that 'pacemaker says it all in a medical context?

Please feel free to think about all possible choices when the conversations about pacemaker are those of doctors and doctors, those of doctors and nurses, those of doctors and technicians serving equipment, those of doctors and patients, those of doctors and the relatives of the patients and so on.
Pirin

Postby Pirin » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:05 am

David and Bui wrote:The following is from http://rukjai.com/article/%E0%B8%8A%E0% ... -Pacemaker

The translation is mine. Any comments, corrections, and suggestions for improvement are welcome.

โดยทั่วไปจะผ่าตัดใส่ให้กับผู้ป่วยที่มีปัญหาหัวใจเต้นช้ากว่าปกติหรือหยุดเต้นชั่วคราวที่แก้สาเหตุไม่ได้
Generally it is surgically implanted in patients whose hearts beat too slow or stop beating temporarily and which cannot be otherwise repaired.

Generally it is surgically implanted in patients whose hearts beat unusually slowly or stop beating temporarily, because the original cause of such symtoms cannot be healed.
Pirin

Postby David and Bui » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:22 pm

Thank you so much, Khun Pirin.
David in Houston
David and Bui

Postby addseo1115 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:05 am

Thank you for new learning above. I have enjoyed with you all. ;)
addseo1115

Previous

Return to Basic Translation