thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Introducing Woodsie, and his lil website trouble..

Tell us about yourself, your interest in the Thai language, or just say 'Hello!'

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Introducing Woodsie, and his lil website trouble..

Postby Woodsie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:18 am

Hey guys. 22 year old here, English born, New Zealand raised. I'm here to learn Thai, for my girlfriend is Thai, and I thought it'd be nice to do this. So yeah.

Onto more pressing matters, I joined this forum specifically because I went onto the listening for the tone of one-syllable words, this: http://www.thai-language.com/id/798459 and well the thai word and voice did not appear in the square while using internet explorer. It appears in my chrome but I don't care to get the add-on/plug in for chrome hence why I went on Internet Explorer in the first place.

If somebody knows a fix/what I need to do to get this sorted, that'd be awesome, thank you. Otherwise Hey hows it going?
Woodsie

Re: Introducing Woodsie, and his lil website trouble..

Postby David and Bui » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:09 am

Woodsie,

Welcome to Thai-language.com. To fix your sound issues, please click on "site settings" found below the "Now Online" area on the left-hand column. The second area on the "site settings" page allows you to test which alternative provides you the best sound results.

When you have found the right one, click on "save settings" located at the bottom right hand column of each section. Note, that once you are at "site settings" you can adjust a number of other facets of this site.

Best of luck in your studies.
David in Houston
David and Bui

Postby Woodsie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:38 pm

I appreciate the reply, but my issue is that the embed of the word and play sound icon does not display. On other parts of the site the words etc are there and I can play the sounds just fine, but on the test for the one syllable words they just do not appear on the webpage so I am unable to click them to press play
Woodsie

Postby DonSena » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:47 am

Woodsie wrote:Hey guys. 22 year old here, English born, New Zealand raised. I'm here to learn Thai, for my girlfriend is Thai, and I thought it'd be nice to do this. So yeah.

Onto more pressing matters, I joined this forum specifically because I went onto the listening for the tone of one-syllable words, this: http://www.thai-language.com/id/798459 and well the thai word and voice did not appear in the square while using internet explorer. It appears in my chrome but I don't care to get the add-on/plug in for chrome hence why I went on Internet Explorer in the first place.

If somebody knows a fix/what I need to do to get this sorted, that'd be awesome, thank you. Otherwise Hey hows it going?

I just accessed that site using IE and found the same problem.

However, there is no difficulty getting both the monosyllable Thai words and corresponding audio clips using the Pale Moon browser. Google "get Pale Moon," download and install it.

Then, with your copy of Pale Moon uploaded, go to site settings on this website and there, under Audio, select "External : test external mp3/WMA" (not "embedded") and then, further below, select "WMA" (not "mp3").

Each time you play an audio clip, you'll see the icon for the audio player (which you may or may not need to download, as you may have it already). It should work.
DonSena

Return to Guestbook and Introductions