thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

นักถ้ำมอง

Complete sentences, phrases, and figurative speech

Moderator: acloudmovingby

นักถ้ำมอง

Postby strehe » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:41 pm

I was reading this news story about a peeping Tom who was arrested for spying on the female staff using the toilet in a department store.
When the interviewer asks him why he did it, he says @1:04...มีความรู้สึกตื่นเต้น (I found it exciting)....? ผู้ชาย...
I can't make out what he says after มีความรู้สึกตื่นเต้น... It's something about ผู้ชาย? Is it ประสาผู้ชาย? (It's just what men do?)
Can anyone make it out?
Thanks in advance.

Video:
http://video.mthai.com/channel/CH7/play ... 64409.html

Full story:
http://news.mthai.com/general-news/324052.html
Last edited by strehe on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
strehe

Re: นักถ้ำมอง

Postby Tgeezer » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:28 am

strehe wrote:I was reading this news story about a peeping Tom who was arrested for spying on the female staff using the toilet in a department store.
When the interviewer asks him why he did it, he says @1:04...มีความรู้สึกตึ้นเต้น (I found it exciting)....? ผู้ชาย...
I can't make out what he says after มีความรู้สึกตื้นเต้น... It's something about ผู้ชาย? Is it ประสาผู้ชาย? (It's just what men do?)
Can anyone make it out?
Thanks in advance.

Video:
http://video.mthai.com/channel/CH7/play ... 64409.html

Full story:
http://news.mthai.com/general-news/324052.html

I think yours good guess, he gives a little chuckle before saying it so it is by way of an excuse, but I see from the RID that it is ตามประสาผู้ชาย .
Tgeezer

Postby strehe » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:42 am

Thanks Tgeezer.
Sometimes I hear เป็นธรรมชาติผู้ชาย. Guess it has a similar meaning...
http://www.diaryclub.com/blog/latnoziro ... %B8%99.php
strehe

Postby Tgeezer » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:02 am

strehe wrote:Thanks Tgeezer.
Sometimes I hear เป็นธรรมชาติผู้ชาย. Guess it has a similar meaning...
http://www.diaryclub.com/blog/latnoziro ... %B8%99.php

There was a time when it didn't matter what you said, often mumbled, and once spoken it was gone. The body language is interesting, his head is down but I don't think that he is contrite, I think when the second girl gave him a half hearted slap he smiled. Any guess which fits would do wouldn't it?

Edit: I agree with you, in fact I think that this chap should take this article to court to use in his defence.
Quote: ผู้ชายชอบมองผู้หญิงเป็นธรรมชาติชองผู้ชาย
This is what all girls used to be taught in England in a bygone age but now we don't condemn, in fact a baby (no longer referred to as an unwanted pregnancy) is a meal ticket to a flat and money, plus often an uneducated and useless series of men, as described here, happy to share it all. Is it any wonder we come to Thailand?
I am afraid that this post says too much about my attitude to the modernity! :roll:

Is เซเว่น the normal way to spell '7/11' : ถึงยางอนมัยติดเอาไว้ดี ไปซื้อที่เซเว่นใกล้บ้านได้ไม่ต้องอาย
Tgeezer

Postby strehe » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:52 am

Yes, colloquially it's the word I see used for 7-11, shortened from เซเว่น อีเลฟเว่น.
eg
จะไปเซเว่น - I'm going to 7-11 ฯลฯ ;)
strehe

Postby Tgeezer » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:18 am

strehe wrote:Yes, colloquially it's the word I see used for 7-11, shortened from เซเว่น อีเลฟเว่น.
eg
จะไปเซเว่น - I'm going to 7-11 ฯลฯ ;)

Thanks, for some reason I thought that spelling strange but now can't imagine how else to spell it!
While I was reading that link of yours I thought I would try reading aloud, (my accent is atrocious), and found that the effort to get the speech right made comprehension almost impossible. I found ถุงยางอนามัย very difficult to say; the long vowel in อนา was short, มัย became ไหม or มั้ย. I think that there is no substitute for hearing words spoken if one wants it to flow, analysing the syllables doesn't work so well because rhythm is lost, I tried this site's dictionary but the sound doesn't seem to work on my iPad. I think that เอาไว้ดี must be a common enough expression but I stumbled there too.
สงสัยว่าคุณจะสนใจไหมว่าลองเขียนภาษาไทยกันที่นี่ไหม
Tgeezer

Postby strehe » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:17 pm

Yes, เอาไว้ดี was one of the phrases I couldn't translate in that link too.
strehe

Postby Tgeezer » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:06 pm

strehe wrote:Yes, เอาไว้ดี was one of the phrases I couldn't translate in that link too.

I took ถูงยางอนามัยมีติดเอาไว้ดี I thought to mean 'have a condom handy' the operative verbs being มี have เอา bring. If not that the next handiest is to ซื้อทีเซเว่น .
Got any ideas?
Tgeezer

Postby Tgeezer » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:15 am

I have just tried 'bulk look-up' on this site, I am impressed, I think that มีติดเอาไว้ดี means : good to have available.
Tgeezer

Return to Advanced Translation