thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

What are my friends saying about me?

Complete sentences, phrases, and figurative speech

Moderator: acloudmovingby

What are my friends saying about me?

Postby MissHan » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Hello,

I have a few friends in Thailand. Some of them don't speak to me very often, but one does. He hasn't really been nice to me; he always calls me fat and said I need braces right now because my teeth are too crooked. Recently on a Facebook post of his he said "Love me hate me say what you want" and I told him that sometimes I still hate him, but in the end I love him because that's what friendship is about. So he asked me why I hated him and reminded me that his English was great. I told him it was because he makes fun of me and I don't like it. Then a friend that both of us know replied in Thai, and I tried translating it online and all I got that made sense was my name came out. "Amanda". Then the other friend wrote back in Thai too, and I still couldn't figure out what they were saying. They both know I don't speak or read Thai very well AT ALL, so I figured that they were doing that on purpose. Could you please tell me what they said?

"ภาษาพลาซ่าไม่หยุดนะ อแมนด้า"

"เออออิดอกไม่ชอบก็ไม่คุยมะ??"
MissHan

Re: What are my friends saying about me?

Postby daฟาน » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:43 am

ภาษาพลาซ่า = language plaza and there is a famous Thai ladyboy that teaches English or Thai or something on youtube with that name... I guess it is related to this?

"ภาษาพลาซ่าไม่หยุดนะ อแมนด้า" - pasa plaza didn't stop yet amanda

เอออ = เออ = http://www.thai-language.com/id/139375

อิดอกไม่ชอบก็ไม่คุยมะ?

well either I don't understand it or he changed อี to อิ... meaning he actually uses a not very nice word --> อีดอก
or in English: if the [] doesn't like me, why does she talk to me?

I hope I'm wrong though... wait for others to confirm...
daฟาน

Postby tod-daniels » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:31 am

Right on the money with อิดอก which is used in chat-speak about the same as อีดอก. :o

Remember amongst friends that is NOT an outright profanity or denigration of someone. I hear it ALL the time by thais from every walk of life when they're in social groups of close friends! :lol:

I'd say the last sentence would be directed at "amanda" and is; Hey... If you dont' like (him) don't talk to (him). . .

Dunno that's just how I'd read it. Could be wrong :(

The best come back I've found for being called fat is, "I might be fat but you're ugly and I can always lose weight!" :lol:
"Whoever said `Money can`t buy you love or joy` obviously was not making enough money." <- quote by Gene $immon$ of the rock group KISS
tod-daniels

Postby Tgeezer » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:55 am

MissHan wrote:Hello,

I have a few friends in Thailand. Some of them don't speak to me very often, but one does. He hasn't really been nice to me; he always calls me fat and said I need braces right now because my teeth are too crooked. Recently on a Facebook post of his he said "Love me hate me say what you want" and I told him that sometimes I still hate him, but in the end I love him because that's what friendship is about. So he asked me why I hated him and reminded me that his English was great. I told him it was because he makes fun of me and I don't like it. Then a friend that both of us know replied in Thai, and I tried translating it online and all I got that made sense was my name came out. "Amanda". Then the other friend wrote back in Thai too, and I still couldn't figure out what they were saying. They both know I don't speak or read Thai very well AT ALL, so I figured that they were doing that on purpose. Could you please tell me what they said?

"ภาษาพลาซ่าไม่หยุดนะ อแมนด้า"

I think that the first sentence is addressed to you, Amanda. (Name at the end)
The second sentence is a retort, using a bad pronoun and saying if you don't like it then, can you not comment ?
Both have นะ at the end which shows that they instruct.
If his English is so good just ask him what it meant.
Tgeezer

Return to Advanced Translation