thai-language.comInternet resource
for the Thai language
Lookup:
» more options here
Browse

F.A.Q. Check out the list of frequently asked questions for a quick answer to your inquiry

e-mail the author
guestbook
site settings
site news
bulk lookup
Bangkok
Thanks for your

recent donations!

Narisa N. $+++!
John A. $+++!
Paul S. $100!
Mike A. $100!
Eric B. $100!
John Karl L. $100!
Don S. $100!
John S. $100!
Peter B. $100!
Ingo B $50
Peter d C $50
Hans G $50
Alan M. $50
Rod S. $50
Wolfgang W. $50
Bill O. $70
Ravinder S. $20
Chris S. $15
Jose D-C $20
Steven P. $20
Daniel W. $75
Rudolf M. $30
David R. $50
Judith W. $50
Roger C. $50
Steve D. $50
Sean F. $50
Paul G. B. $50
xsinventory $20
Nigel A. $15
Michael B. $20
Otto S. $20
Damien G. $12
Simon G. $5
Lindsay D. $25
David S. $25
Laurent L. $40
Peter van G. $10
Graham S. $10
Peter N. $30
James A. $10
Dmitry I. $10
Edward R. $50
Roderick S. $30
Mason S. $5
Henning E. $20
John F. $20
Daniel F. $10
Armand H. $20
Daniel S. $20
James McD. $20
Shane McC. $10
Roberto P. $50
Derrell P. $20
Trevor O. $30
Patrick H. $25
Rick @SS $15
Gene H. $10
Aye A. M. $33
S. Cummings $25
Will F. $20
Get e-mail

Sign-up to join our mail­ing list. You'll receive e­mail notification when this site is updated. Your privacy is guaran­teed; this list is not sold, shared, or used for any other purpose. Click here for more infor­mation.

To unsubscribe, click here.

Several sentences

Complete sentences, phrases, and figurative speech

Moderator: acloudmovingby

Several sentences

Postby zenxyuan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:40 am

Guys I need help translating these to English. Sorry for the amount, take your time. Thanks in advance!

1.ความหล่อ ไม่ได้ทำให้ท้องกูอิ่ม จำใส่สมองมึงเอาไว้นะ หล่อกว่านี้ ดีกว่านี้ หล่อไม่มีจะแดก หล่อรวยแต่เหี้ย หล่อแต่โง่ ก็เจอมาแล้ว น่าเบื่อเหมือนกันทั้งนั้น

2.ส่าทำมัยเยอะแยะวะ ลบออกไปเลยนะ

3.กูไม่ได้ออนเฟส พวกไหนมาโพสหน้าเฟส กรุณาลบออกให้ไว เข้าใจป่ะ ?

4.กูยังไม่เห็นจะไปโพสหน้าเฟสใคร เวลาจะเล่นจะเหี้ยไร แหกตาดูสิ อ่านด้วย จะได้ไม่ไปโพสให้คนอื่นเขารำคาญใจ อ่านหนังสือไม่ออก ตาบอดมองไม่เห็น กูจะไม่ว่าสักคำ

5.สนใจทักไลน์นะจ๊ะ ถ้าไม่สนใจก็อย่าถามมากนะจ๊ะ ไม่มีหลอก ไม่มีลวง ไม่มีโกหก หรือตอแหล จร๊า
zenxyuan

Re: Several sentences

Postby pakarang » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:41 pm

Here's my first go but I don't rate myself.

Let me warn you - it doesn't seem pretty. Underlined stuff I don't understand for various reasons.

P

1.ความหล่อ ไม่ได้ทำให้ท้องกูอิ่ม จำใส่สมองมึงเอาไว้นะ หล่อกว่านี้ ดีกว่านี้ หล่อไม่มีจะแดก หล่อรวยแต่เหี้ย หล่อแต่โง่ ก็เจอมาแล้ว น่าเบื่อเหมือนกันทั้งนั้น

Handsomeness isn’t going to fill my belly up. Just you remember that, yeah? It’d be better if you were more handsome. Handsomeness doesn’t have anything to eat [ไม่มีจะแดก – phrase not familiar]. Handsome and rich but creepy, handsome but stupid – I’ve seen them all already, they’re all just as boring as one another.

2.ส่าทำมัยเยอะแยะวะ ลบออกไปเลยนะ
Why’ve you spawned [ส่า – not familiar] so much?! Erase it! Ok?

3.กูไม่ได้ออนเฟส พวกไหนมาโพสหน้าเฟส กรุณาลบออกให้ไว เข้าใจป่ะ ?
I'm not on Facebook! Please erase everything you posted on the wall! Do you understand?

4.กูยังไม่เห็นจะไปโพสหน้าเฟสใคร เวลาจะเล่นจะเหี้ยไร แหกตาดูสิ อ่านด้วย จะได้ไม่ไปโพสให้คนอื่นเขารำคาญใจ อ่านหนังสือไม่ออก ตาบอดมองไม่เห็น กูจะไม่ว่าสักคำ
I’ve never posted on anyone’s wall. How am I a bitch when I’m online. Prise open your eyes and take a look – read as well and you’ll not go around piss people off with your posts. Not reading the letters, blind. I won’t say a thing.

5.สนใจทักไลน์นะจ๊ะ ถ้าไม่สนใจก็อย่าถามมากนะจ๊ะ ไม่มีหลอก ไม่มีลวง ไม่มีโกหก หรือตอแหล จร๊า
Interested in connecting on Line, if I'm not interested you dont have to ask a lot. I don’t have it dear, no lies, no deception, no bitchiness.
pakarang

Postby David and Bui » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:12 pm

Pakarang,

I believe you have done an excellent job in translating these "chat" sentences! Some of us may have comments and suggestions, but I think you have by and large caught the essential meanings of these sentences.

For example, "สนใจทักไลน์นะจ๊ะ" I think means, "Are you interested in chatting with me using "LINE"?"

Let's give other suggestions, but congratulations on this very good work.
David in Houston
David and Bui

Postby zenxyuan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:30 am

Thanks a lot fellas you did a great job! I have a rough idea now. No worries. Didn't know thai is this hard @@
zenxyuan

Postby pakarang » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:40 am

David and Bui wrote:Pakarang,

I believe you have done an excellent job in translating these "chat" sentences! Some of us may have comments and suggestions, but I think you have by and large caught the essential meanings of these sentences.

For example, "สนใจทักไลน์นะจ๊ะ" I think means, "Are you interested in chatting with me using "LINE"?"

Let's give other suggestions, but congratulations on this very good work.

Thanks David and Bui - its quite hard without any context! Would very much appreciate any further suggestions.

One thing that particularly confused me was the last line (about Line) - the use of "จ๊ะ" made me think that the writer was assuming or mimicking the voice of someone and then in the second half of the sentence cutting them down. Am I way off the mark here?
pakarang

Return to Advanced Translation